Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Nurses returning to the UK & reregistration

Nurses returning to the UK & reregistration

Old May 17th 2017, 3:39 am
Just Joined

bazoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nurses returning to the UK & reregistration

Kia Ora, Having qualifying as a Nurse & practicing for many years in the UK & then after 15 years of continuous practice in NZ, I can't renew my NMC (formerly UKCC) "without a reference from a current NMC Registrant!"
None of the Expat Nurses I know have retained their NMC registrations & the only option seems to be to do returning to the profession courses? There's got to be a simpler way - so this is an alert to maintain your NMC while abroad - however, if anyone has any bright ideas, please share.
Ta,
bazoom
Old May 17th 2017, 6:09 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nurses returning to the UK & reregistration

The NMC are incredibly slow but you need to get the correct application form, getter a letter of good character from the NZNC which they send directly to the NMC and I just asked three work colleagues to complete the references, two of whom were only NZ registered and this was acceptable. It still took six months to get my PIN reactivated!
Old Jun 13th 2017, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

marioncoconnor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bazoom
Kia Ora, Having qualifying as a Nurse & practicing for many years in the UK & then after 15 years of continuous practice in NZ, I can't renew my NMC (formerly UKCC) "without a reference from a current NMC Registrant!"
None of the Expat Nurses I know have retained their NMC registrations & the only option seems to be to do returning to the profession courses? There's got to be a simpler way - so this is an alert to maintain your NMC while abroad - however, if anyone has any bright ideas, please share.
Ta,
bazoom
I've worked as a nurse in Republic of Ireland past 20 years and kept NMC registration going. Now I need NMC registrant to fulfill revalidation requirements and can't find anyone. NMC says if registration lapses I will have to do return to practice course! Was hoping to return to UK in next few years.
Old Jun 14th 2017, 10:54 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marioncoconnor
I've worked as a nurse in Republic of Ireland past 20 years and kept NMC registration going. Now I need NMC registrant to fulfill revalidation requirements and can't find anyone. NMC says if registration lapses I will have to do return to practice course! Was hoping to return to UK in next few years.
Are you sure you need an NMC registrant? Is this for the confirmation, because if it is then that doesn't have to be an NMC registrant according to the booklet. It looks like one hell of a process

Oh hang on, perhaps you mean for the reflective discussion? Maybe a shout-out on social media to find a registered nurse via friend of a friend who would do it for you? Blimey, it's a long process!

Last edited by bourbon-biscuit; Jun 14th 2017 at 10:59 pm.