Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

A Nurses journey to NZ

A Nurses journey to NZ

Old Aug 19th 2017, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default A Nurses journey to NZ

Here is a timeline of our adventures on the Immigration train, hopefully people will find it useful as a rough guide to how long the process can take

Research research research I can't stress that enough

25th Apr 16-registration process started

15th Aug 16-Registration confirmed NZ PIN gained (bear in mind to actuallyvwork over there you would also have to apply for an annual practicing certificate)

Mar 17-job search started...initially with a health recruitment company who were excellent, but also applied for jobs on my own

23 May 17- Job offer received following telephone interview

2 Jun 17-Expression of Interest (EOI) entered

12 Jun 17-UK police certificate requested

16 Jun 17- Invitation to apply for residency received (EOI pool is picked fortnightly we were lucky and put ours in just before the pick)

20 Jun 17-police certificates received

29th Jun 17-Immigration medicals and ITA paperwork sent

04 Jul 17- ITA paperwork received in Auckland

13 Jul-Visa application officially lodged

24/25 Jul 17 removal agents visiting for
quotes

31 July Andy's notice handed in

01 Aug temporary visa applications received by INZ

18th Aug All temporary visas approved, Flights booked, acceptance of removal
quote emailed

start date for new job 23 October 17

What's next......awaiting for a case officer to be assigned processing of the residency application times......Christ knows — with Jodie Redpath.
Old Aug 19th 2017, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Nurses journey to NZ

Bet you can't wait to get on that plane now!!!

Im about to maybe ask a stupid question...... I'm known for them...... I'm just wondering on the INZ website it states that most long term skill shortage visas are processed within 25 working days, is this 25 days from the receiving centre in London getting the applications or from when they are sent over and received in NZ??
Old Aug 19th 2017, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scottishedo
Bet you can't wait to get on that plane now!!!

Im about to maybe ask a stupid question...... I'm known for them...... I'm just wondering on the INZ website it states that most long term skill shortage visas are processed within 25 working days, is this 25 days from the receiving centre in London getting the applications or from when they are sent over and received in NZ??
Yeah can't wait for the off now

My visas (talent, partner of a worker and dependant children) were all done in London which I think all but the SMC residency ones are done, so it's from the day INZ received it
Old Aug 20th 2017, 7:10 pm
Just Joined

AmyKC13 is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Inked - Glad to see that all is going to plan.

Do you (or anybody reading) know what level a DipHE would be equivalent to for immigration purposes? I'm not sure what level it would fall under therefore unsure if we have enough points for an EOI.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Old Aug 20th 2017, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmyKC13
HI Inked - Glad to see that all is going to plan.

Do you (or anybody reading) know what level a DipHE would be equivalent to for immigration purposes? I'm not sure what level it would fall under therefore unsure if we have enough points for an EOI.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Hi there

The regulation on this is all over the place however as a nurse this phrase is key

"the level that the qualification occupies on the NZQF having regard to the full or provisional registration of the principal applicant by a New Zealand organisation authorised by law to give occupational registration, if that registration involves an assessment that the principal applicants overseas qualification is comparable with a New Zealand qualification that is included in the List of Qualifications Exempt from assessment."

What this means, I believe and so far have not been corrected by INZ is that our qualifications are assessed by the New Zealand Nursing council (you can apply with a dip he as they take each case individually and include things like work experience in their assessment), in order to register with them you have to hold an equivalent level 7 qualification. Therefor by the very nature of gaining your registration ( the first step before you do anything else) you have, in there eyes said level 7 qualification,
Old Aug 21st 2017, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Scottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond reputeScottishedo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Yeah can't wait for the off now

My visas (talent, partner of a worker and dependant children) were all done in London which I think all but the SMC residency ones are done, so it's from the day INZ received it
The waiting for everything is killing me I'm so impatient 🙉🙉
Old Aug 21st 2017, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

The waiting for everything is killing me I'm so impatient 🙉🙉
Yep same here
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 8:21 am
Just Joined

AmyKC13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your help.... My other half will have a DipHE and a degree in a separate subject so hopefully we will have enough points for an EOI. We just hope that the visa criteria doesn't change and that we don't miss out!

We look forward to your updates and good luck for the future

Amy
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Yep same here
Sorry I feel like I'm totally stalking you inked 🙈🙈 but I have another question!!

We are waiting on our police certificates before we can send off our temp applications, from posting/online application, how long was it before you were all granted - there's 6 of us! Our certificates should be here by the end of this week at the latest, impatient me just called and they are all just waiting to go through the final double check and then will be posted first class.

I see from your timeline INZ received your paperwork on 24th...... I know each case is different but still would be good to know Ha!

Thanks,
Old Aug 22nd 2017, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry I feel like I'm totally stalking you inked 🙈🙈 but I have another question!!

We are waiting on our police certificates before we can send off our temp applications, from posting/online application, how long was it before you were all granted - there's 6 of us! Our certificates should be here by the end of this week at the latest, impatient me just called and they are all just waiting to go through the final double check and then will be posted first class.

I see from your timeline INZ received your paperwork on 24th...... I know each case is different but still would be good to know Ha!

Thanks,
No problem at all

Mine was granted 10 working days after being received by INZ (that was the online one) the families took a further 4 days after that (paper ones). We already had police and medical certificates in with our residency application so luckily they were already on the system
Old Aug 28th 2017, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of

In 1995 it was,
Oct go on holiday to Cyprus,realise that you always get depressed coming back to UK.
Late Oct drill through old IBM VM system to find manager of Auckland NZ(internet was just happening !!)
Soon after have an interview on the phone around 1am UK time if memory serves.Manager plus 1 techie (speakerphone). Ask some tech questions (Piece of p*ss) 'How soon can you get out here'
Visa / job permit (painstaking !) Hand in notice 1st week Dec (manager furious as IBM made redundancies earlier) On a tin budgie 1st week of Jan '96
Got to be back there soon for my spirit !!

Last edited by Droidling; Aug 28th 2017 at 11:42 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 4:05 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Stalking Inky?

Good work.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BEVS
Stalking Inky?

Good work.
😬

That's all our paperwork lodged and received by INZ - so now I need to patiently (impatiently) wait!!
Old Aug 29th 2017, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

😬

That's all our paperwork lodged and received by INZ - so now I need to patiently (impatiently) wait!!
Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long
Old Aug 30th 2017, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

30th Aug- Residency application assigned to a case officer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.