Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New Zealand Points Test.

New Zealand Points Test.

Old Mar 16th 2001, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Just as a change from my Aus questions, having looked at the New Zealand Immigration site I'm a little confused on how many points we would get.

I'm fairly sure I would get none, well I didnt on the Aus Skilled Independent points system, my wife would be the main applicant, British registered nurse, 34 years old, been in her occupation for 12 years, (approx), natural english speaker, anything else......?

Anyone know what points we would get, and would I be able to go as a spouse as I can under the Aus system? (hope so)

Any answers gratefully received.

Chris.
Old Mar 18th 2001, 4:37 pm
Julie

Your wife would need to register over in NZ, she'd get 24 points if she's still 34
when migrating, which is the passmark. If she isn;t 34 then she would only have 22
which isn;t enough. She can also get 5 extra points if she has a work offer. Things
aren;t as clear cut for yourself - depends on what you do, education and experience,
whether you'd have a job offer and any settlement funds. I'm going to NZ from the UK
next month and my partner is staying behind for a little while in order to go over on
a job offer. Wish you well

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >