Just Joined

Bokksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy New Zealand !!!!

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and what a wealth of info available
You guys are great, so maybe someone can shed a few lights
on my questions:lecture:

First of all we want to move to NZ, I am 44 and hubby is 52,
I am into account/customer services, hubby is Caretaker/maintenance for schools. We have a son 20 yrs, who will be qualifying as a 4th year electrician in July and our daughter
18 yrs is doing her NVQ2 in chefing.

So as you can see the skills are there or are they not, please
help with some advice, we would like to go as a family if possible,
do we need visas and how much will they cost, what about expression of interest has anyone been down that road, any tips
or help would be very welcome, where does one start applying for these visas and how long does it take help

Thanks
Bokksie
Old Jun 10th 2004, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Hello
Firstly check out the New Zealand immigration Service web site. They have a page where you can calculate how many points you have. As of this week I think those applicants with 155 points {after you have officially put in an Expression of Interest EOI} and over are being invited to apply for residency.

I'm not sure how long it takes for applications due to the change to the application process.

Sorry I'm not much help

Can I ask what made you choose NZ?
Gill
Old Jun 10th 2004, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

creamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud ofcreamT has much to be proud of

Bugger!

we have 155 points but hubby thinks its alot of money if we dont get picked! Grr!
Old Jun 10th 2004, 11:23 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

devon chick if you have the points you could apply for aus as residents have the right to live and work in nz
Old Jun 10th 2004, 2:22 pm
come on you reds!!!!!

eilish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Zealand !!!!

hello,

i work in customer services for credit card company, you get no points for that. does your husband have any trade qualfications? if so you could look at the government website and it will tell you if his skills are in demand.

we were looking at aus but then changed mind due to climate etc and now looking into nz. husband has family there but not that immediate enough to sponsor. my husband is a plasterer but his skills are not on the demand list or shortage list. we would consider a long term business visa maybe by into a franchise.

good luck and keep in touch

helen
Old Jun 10th 2004, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Zealand !!!!

Welcome Bokksie!!

I see you live in Newquay we're only about 15 miles away from you.

Whats the weather like down there