Be able to give advise to our massive life
Changing move next year. I will be going over
On a skilled residents visa. Any advise is welcome
As I'm sure we will have lots of questions
Over the next year.

Thanks
Old Aug 20th 2015, 7:44 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New users!!

most on here will say you won't need an agent and to save the cost of them just collating paperwork that you provide to them. The EOI is fairly straight forward, you meet the criteria, you provide the documentation, you send it in, they decide.
Tell us a little more about yourselves, do you have family over here? what area are you looking at to move to etc
Old Aug 20th 2015, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

ruddmace is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello MrsFychan,

Thanks for the reply to the thread I sent out. We are going through an agent as we feel they would help with the process and ensure all our paper work and application are correct when we issue our EOI, which will hopefully be the end of this year as we are going to Auz for Christmas.

It's is just myself and my fiancé, no children. We are really quite open to where we go to be honest, as we would be coming over on a skilled migrant residence visa I need to get a job offer to make up the points, something which our agent can help with which is also. Bonus.

The north is Island would be our first option, we like the look of the Bay of Plenty as the homes are quite affordable to rent. This would mean a job for me in Tauranga, but we are really open as the job will dictate the location.

It's all very exciting and daunting, but we both know it is the right thing to do as we both feel the UK has nothing more to offer us.

How long have you been out their? What is your story?. I have never joined a forum before, I have noticed a lot of mixed topics on here...

Thanks again for taking an interest.

Craig and Wendy
Old Aug 21st 2015, 12:32 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

been here since Jan 2012, atm still not convinced it was the best thing for our family but we have children so different than your family unit, buy hey ho you don't know unless you try.

I am a little concerned with your comment about your agent helping you with getting a job, feel it is all just puffery on their part, at the end of the day you have to have the skills required and have the necessary requirements needed from Immigration NZ to get the visa., if you don't have that you are not going to get a visa if you do then you are more than capable of doing the paperwork yourself, not have a middle man between you and Immigration NZ delaying feedback and possibly misinformation which a few members have experienced. We first looked at an agent from a road show who told us of a work road show, both turned out to be a waste of time, the agent misinformed us on my husbands degree and the supposed work road show was a waste of time and effort and had more information on removal companies, pet carriers and banks with just few companies there non which covered my husbands industry, despite being told there would be.
we did it on our own with the help of advice from here and just calling Immigration office direct.
Agents are all well and good if required for a difficult situation but for a standard skills visa they really are just putting paperwork in a folder, sending off and being a middle man, they prolong the process as they are the contact for Immigration and not you.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

And Agents are EXPENSIVE. I was quoted about $7000 plus visa charges when I enquired. Ended up doing it all myself and the visas are expensive enough at $1800 plus the various fees for immigration medicals, blood tests, x-rays, police certificates etc. Save the cash and do it yourself!
Old Aug 21st 2015, 6:21 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with the above comments of not using an agent. I too looked at it, and even got as far as going to the bank in the uk to transfer the payment but didnt. Did it all myself for family of 4- really easy. Don't waste the money if you don't have to is my advice.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Good morning all,

Thanks so much for all your reply's and guidance. The process has now started with our agent and we are very comfortable with this situation and our relationship to achieve our main goal. The agents we are using have an office in NZ, who will be assisting us in
getting a job before we arrive in NZ, they will be responsible to setting up the interviews with potential employers. This together with us looking for a job should work well.

What % difference would you guys say the cost living is? I've heard it is more expensive to live in NZ and we have done a monthly budget one based on UK and one based on NZ and the cost difference was not massive.

Thanks again all,

Craig & Wendy
Old Aug 21st 2015, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ruddmace
Good morning all,
Craig & Wendy
actually, good evening :P
Old Aug 21st 2015, 9:47 am

where have you got the cost in NZ from? have you factored in salary is taxed at every cent, cost of GP visits, cost of utilities, gas, electric, possibly water (depending on where you live).
Old Aug 21st 2015, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Sorry for the morning !

Will try again.....

Good evening LOL

Tax is something I was going to ask about, I have purchased a book to read and it only really brushes over the subject. Any advise on tax in general would be great.

All other cost have been gained from internet searches to even doing a fake on line food shop.

What would a typical cost for a GP visit be? we are both pretty healthy, but this is something we would need to be aware of for sure.

Thanks again MrsFychan, great to have advise.

Craig & Wendy
Old Aug 21st 2015, 10:35 am

when you know your wage you can use this calculator
Tax on annual income calculator (by tool name)
but you might also have to add ACC contributions on top of that as well.

Our GP charges $48 a visit as we are funded but if you cannot get funded then its around $86.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 10:57 am
Just Joined

MrsFychan,

Thanks so much for that, its a great help. I guess you are funded because you have children?
Old Aug 21st 2015, 7:53 pm

no kids pay also, we are funded because of the visa we have and that we were able to get into a surgery that still had places. we had to wait 6mths to get funded as I was informed the request for funding only goes in at certain times of the year.
Old Aug 21st 2015, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Cost of most day to day stuff is easy to predict however it's all the other unexpected one offs and and big ticket things that lead to the sharp intake of breath.

The costs for health care can quickly mount up if you have an issue, it's not easy to get your head around and some is funded from ACC for accidents but you still have to pay a hefty chunk yourself for physios ($65 a session) and such like. If you have random non-specific problems; 'minor' not life-threatening things like moles that require removal and biopsy ($200) and things not related to an accident then costs soon mount up for diagnostics, x-rays, ultrasound and such like. Lots of 'prescription' stuff you have to pay retail price for - I recently got prescribed Otrivine Nasal Spray and had to pay $13.50 for the privilege.

Dental costs are another - for me this week it was $85 for a check up and $155 for cleaning. They start talking like a builder and saying ooh that looks like it needs a bit of work, next time you'll need to have this and that done; kerching, kerching $1,500 please.
Old Aug 22nd 2015, 12:44 am

scans are very expensive, when the GP cocked up in 2013 and my stomach lining was stripped away because of it and nearly ended up in emergency medical care I had to pay $240 for the scan to rule out other things, just to be told the the initial thought that they should of given me stomach protection as well as the other pill was right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.