Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

New NZ Corrections transferee's

New NZ Corrections transferee's

Old Oct 13th 2016, 5:51 am
Just Joined

Jay30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New NZ Corrections transferee's

The NZ department of Corrections will at the end of this week finish a recruitment campaign in the UK, selecting around 100 officers with experience to make the trip over. Be good to hear from any others who were successful? I found out on Monday
Old Oct 13th 2016, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New NZ Corrections transferee's

I wonder how many will have the 160 points now required for residency?

Apparently Corrections is hoping to recruit 600 new officers by September next year ... It was only last year they made hundreds redundant!
Old Oct 13th 2016, 8:51 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robbie2010
I wonder how many will have the 160 points now required for residency?

Apparently Corrections is hoping to recruit 600 new officers by September next year ... It was only last year they made hundreds redundant!
they are only taking 100 from the UK from what I understand
Old Oct 13th 2016, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbie2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
they are only taking 100 from the UK from what I understand
That's right ... but they're recruiting 600 overall, including 100 from Aus
Old Oct 13th 2016, 9:02 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Yep have to recruit from abroad as no one here wants to be one
Old Oct 13th 2016, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Tangotango is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi jay30,

My husband has an upcoming assessment centre on Monday 17th. When was your assessment centre and how long after did you find out?
Old Oct 13th 2016, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Corrections Department NZ - Do you know someone who has what it takes to be a corrections officer?
Old Oct 13th 2016, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Shirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to allShirrom is a name known to all

My assessment is on Monday. Fingers crossed!
Old Oct 13th 2016, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tangotango
Hi jay30,

My husband has an upcoming assessment centre on Monday 17th. When was your assessment centre and how long after did you find out?
Hi, they don't wait long to let you know the outcome, I wrongly assumed the assessments were concluded beginning of this week. The London ones where I went were Thursday Friday last week
Old Oct 13th 2016, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shirrom
My assessment is on Monday. Fingers crossed!
Good luck. I hope the reality is somewhat perkier than some of these threads would suggest
Old Oct 13th 2016, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jay30
Good luck. I hope the reality is somewhat perkier than some of these threads would suggest
For some yes, it will be great. For others ..... not so much.
Old Oct 13th 2016, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

Yea, prisons a growth industry with investment opportunities for the private sector.

Why not just give everyone a decent job who want's one?

"The devil makes work for idle hands."
Old Oct 14th 2016, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of

The 100 from Oz is so far 27 !!!

We've been here two years now, both ex HMP, crap first 12 months, now ...... couldn't ask for better.

Best of luck to all of you who apply, stick with it, it can get better.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

dmh9282 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my assessment yesterday in Liverpool. Think it went well. They said they would let us know this Monday 17th. Fingers crossed.
Old Oct 14th 2016, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Tangotango is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmh9282
I had my assessment yesterday in Liverpool. Think it went well. They said they would let us know this Monday 17th. Fingers crossed.
Just out of curiosity, how many were at the assessment day for yours? As there's around 100 jobs going, just interested to see what sort of numbers it has been whittled down to for assessment. Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.