Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The negative New Zealand thread

The negative New Zealand thread

Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The negative New Zealand thread

Originally Posted by mazi
Thank you.

Pineapple lumps - devil's food
Doctors in shorts - I paid $50 to come and see you!
The narrow-mindedness
The defensiveness of the Pakeha
The general lack of good seafood - it's an island! In the pacific! Oh yes, it's all been sent to Japan.
The fact that you have to buy 4 avocados for your salad when you only want one because at least three of them will be rotten or stringy. The good ones have all been sent to the UK.
The petty crime - if you're going to break the law, at least do it in style
The outrageous cost of the 'low cost' airlines
Air New Zealand
The trigger happiness of ...well, everyone. Ok possums and rabbits eat things you don't want them to but do you have to blast their heads off with such glee and then recount the story to anyone who'll listen and even to those who won't?
The 'jokes' about people with any misfortunes or disability
The fact that the water that comes out of the tap is often brown and when you ask the council about it they tell you to run all the taps in the house for half an hour and see if that clears the problem up. When you are on a water meter.
The dog 'chow' being in the same cold storage unit as the Sunday roast-type meat in the supermarket
Christmas in the Summer (if you can call it a Summer)! For goodness' sake.

And so it goes on...
I'll be back
Goody, we were wondering when you would return.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
Goody, we were wondering when you would return.
You are making me laugh - do remember you're reading a negative thread thingy - I didn't say all these things to NZers, well not unless they specifically asked, I'm not two-faced after all. But I feel liberated to be able to get things off my chest. Sorry if it offends.

Last edited by mazi; Oct 27th 2006 at 8:18 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
Go on. Dont hold back. Vent at will
Sorry, got another one:

The interminable rocky, windy road around Lake Waikaromoana
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

kt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond reputekt0157 has a reputation beyond repute

You are making me laugh - do remember you're reading a negative thread thingy - I didn't say all these things to NZers, well not unless they specifically asked, I'm not two-faced after all. But I feel liberated to be able to get things off my chest. Sorry if it offends.
No, you keep it up. I'll be damned if I'm going to haul my carcass and family out to NZ only to discover all the bad things.

K.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:39 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kt0157
No, you keep it up. I'll be damned if I'm going to haul my carcass and family out to NZ only to discover all the bad things.

K.
Yes, I wish someone had warned me before i went (actually I think the boyfriend did suggest I may not find it a bed of roses, but of course I didn't listen) - but saying that, it is only an opinion and everyone is different and wants different things out of life. I have mentioned some good points on the 'positive things...' thread - at least 5!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:45 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt0157

K.
Bloody hell at this rate you will never be able to say that you werent warned
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:46 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

If any of you are in any way offended by anything I am saying, please remember this is a NEGATIVE NZ thread!
Dont apologize

There is absolutely no way they are gonna let you back in!!!
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

Dont apologize

There is absolutely no way they are gonna let you back in!!!
oh well...(!) them's the breaks
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:49 pm
Banned

oh well...(!) them's the breaks
Lol

At this rate you will have a post count to match mine in about a week
Old Oct 27th 2006, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

Lol

At this rate you will have a post count to match mine in about a week
I have never in my life posted anything on an internet forum before today - and I'm not sure how I came to be on this one, I certainly didn't search for it - but once you've popped you just can't stop!

Oh I lie, I once replied to a question about the English language on one of the Oxford English sites.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The negative New Zealand thread

I suppose this is a negative post.

I am unable to return there at the mo due to me being in OZ.

I miss my whānau, I miss being in NZ, I miss being around New Zealanders and other iwi members.

I miss NZ.

Is that negative enough?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 10:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I suppose this is a negative post.

I am unable to return there at the mo due to me being in OZ.

I miss my whānau, I miss being in NZ, I miss being around New Zealanders and other iwi members.

I miss NZ.

Is that negative enough?
Thats positively the most positive positive post I have ever read

Now off to the Positive thread for you
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Mazi it was a joke.

Last edited by Genesis; Oct 28th 2006 at 1:00 am.
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:07 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Mazi it was a joke.

What was not a joke though was you saying (as an intelligent person ) NZ as a whole country was 'boring'. As you put it you are into the arts and culture..good for you. I am not cultural..about as much as a pot of yougurt actually, BUT I would never say that any country full of history, important architecture, art, learned people etc etc was boring. How can anyone say of any country on earth that the whole place is boring? Every country has something for someone. You surely cannot expect such a ridiculous, sweeping statement to go unremarked.
Your jokes are rubbish ...........

............... joke
Old Oct 27th 2006, 11:17 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Your jokes are rubbish ...........

............... joke
You could have started this thread BEFORE we forked out for a ticket for interviews next week!!! JOKE before you lot start PMs with offers to buy!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.