Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The negative New Zealand thread

The negative New Zealand thread

Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice
Default Re: The negative New Zealand thread

Originally Posted by kwprwn
its like saying christmas is odd cus its warm here for some of these things, but I get your point it is good to have a moan occassionally

so i dont mean any offense by any of my comments so please dont take any as its just a bit of fun

Yep your right, on christmas day this year we went for a picnic at halswell quarry it was full of other families and we had a blast.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dubstar
Yep your right, on christmas day this year we went for a picnic at halswell quarry it was full of other families and we had a blast.
I for one was one of the people who felt christmas was odd because its meant to be cold, but as it was my first here then I guess i may get used to it, although kiwi hubby advised he NEVER got used to cold christmas in 18yrs in the UK...so I guess I may always be a whinging pom for that one
but I can live with that
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:07 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Here we go again! And you thought it was all over...

Not-so-broadband
Old Apr 20th 2007, 5:21 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
Here we go again! And you thought it was all over...

Not-so-broadband
You kill me
Old Apr 21st 2007, 1:49 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm relatively new to New Zealand and now that I have spent the last hour reading this thread and made the discovery that 'people have bad haircuts' I'm going straight to the Airport after typing this and never coming back.

Actually, I'm just jealous that I haven't been here long enough to join in the fun.

However......

Could somebody in the catering trade tell me if Wellington restaurants have 4 dartboards in the kitchen? The first with names of meat on it, the second with a cooking style, the third and fourth with types of obscure fruits and veg? This would explain a lot of the stuff on the menus..."Lamb fricasseed on a bed of mango and polenta" "Pork medley of avocado and spinach" etc etc....

kitchen nightmares indeed...

And could everybody in New Zealand be forced at gunpoint to understand what the term 'PC' actually means? When I tell people that I lived in Japan and they inform me what a 'bunch of bandy-legged bastards' the Japanese are I AM NOT BEING PC WHEN I SAY THAT THEY ARE BEING RACIST......

Look how angry I am...I'm typing in CAPS.........

'Oh you're being PC' seems like some magic spell to ward off any criticism no matter how wrong the original statement was. I realise this isn't especially a NZ thing but I'm seeing a lot of it out here....and I've spent the last 7 weeks in the Wellington CBD because I'm scared of spiders......

Last edited by Avid; Apr 21st 2007 at 1:53 am.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 7:56 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

10 yrs in Japan,just got to NZ are you single/divorced or "GAY" .your avatar looks a bit dodgy .Am I not being PC ,sh*i I am too blunt .If you dont like it then you know what to do .I would have invited you to a bbq or a brunch had you posted a PC thread .Dont know what to make of you or your posts .Japs here are called ,soz cant print too PC minded . .Get off this neg thread ,hell UK is so pi** poor now to be in its full of illegals and asylum beggars its nice to see a white face more often here .OOpp`s not pc from me there but here is better than there .Geddit
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:06 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherry
10 yrs in Japan,just got to NZ are you single/divorced or "GAY" .your avatar looks a bit dodgy .Am I not being PC ,sh*i I am too blunt .If you dont like it then you know what to do .I would have invited you to a bbq or a brunch had you posted a PC thread .Dont know what to make of you or your posts .Japs here are called ,soz cant print too PC minded . .Get off this neg thread ,hell UK is so pi** poor now to be in its full of illegals and asylum beggars its nice to see a white face more often here .OOpp`s not pc from me there but here is better than there .Geddit
This is exactly the kind of fight I got into when I joined the ENZ forums by mistake....

I think my favourite thing about websites like this is reading posts from people who want to leave the UK 'because of the immigrants'...can there be any greater irony?

Actually there can...I once saw some graffiti near Nottingham that said "gays are gay"....

Does New Zealand have a 'chav' capital? Where on the south island is it?
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:09 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
This is exactly the kind of fight I got into when I joined the ENZ forums by mistake....

I think my favourite thing about websites like this is reading posts from people who want to leave the UK 'because of the immigrants'...can there be any greater irony?

Actually there can...I once saw some graffiti near Nottingham that said "gays are gay"....

Does New Zealand have a 'chav' capital? Where on the south island is it?
Lol I like you
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:43 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sky
Lol I like you
yeah I sent some Karma for the earlier post after reading that one - we need more feisty people here.....
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:44 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

almost slipped into Kiwi with a "bugger" then...... whoops
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:51 am
Account Closed

cherry will become famous soon enoughcherry will become famous soon enough

Glad my PC post got a reaction ,welcome ,just trying the waters
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:55 am

While I think about I'd like to mention two individuals who should be on this thread....but, then again.....

The taxi driver who took me from the airport to my 'first week apartment', who asked me "Are you new to Wellington"? and when I said "Yes" slowed the car down and turned on to a road that was clearly signposted 'scenic route'....

The bloke who moved my household belongings from the warehouse to my 'newly rented house' who gave me a quote on the phone but changed it upwards when I gave him the address...

They should be on here but there was something so child-like about ripping of the newbie that I am willing to publicly forgive them.
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:05 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hee Avid, I'm with Sky!