Nearly on the way

Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:23 am
Just Joined

angiemills40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nearly on the way

My husband is leaving the UK on Saturday to start our new life in New Zealand. He has a job to startIin Palmerston North on the 8th September. We are still waiting for our sons medical and visa to be approved so will have to follow on after. My husband is going to try and find somewhere for us to rent a house in Palmerston North. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 6:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Nearly on the way

Just in time for Spring.

Is it advice about looking for temp accom you are after ?
Old Aug 19th 2015, 7:21 am
Just Joined

We are going to need to rent a property and just wondered what areas are good. Also what schools as we have a 13 year old son.xx
Old Aug 19th 2015, 7:50 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

as your son is 13 is he going into year 8 (last year of primary) or year 9(first year of college)?
this will gives others up that way understanding of the requirement for school
Old Aug 19th 2015, 8:25 am
Just Joined

I believe that he will be going into year 9.
Old Aug 20th 2015, 1:04 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Most of Palmerston North is reasonable, many areas have good and not so good parts to them. Having said that, the only area I would choose not to live in is Highbury which is visibly more rundown than most other areas.

Of more importance are things like insulation and heating. Many houses can be very cold in winter and that won't be appreciated so much if househunting in September!
Are you wanting somewhere in town or more rural?
Best thing would be to start off in a motel or similar and get to know the lay of the land before committing to a rental.
Properties for Rent - Realestate.co.nz is a good place to look when buying/renting.

I can't help you with school info.

P
Old Aug 20th 2015, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice

Here's another list Palmerston North properties for rent on Trade Me Property
Old Aug 20th 2015, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Palmerston North Boys School is 'the' boys college in Palmy. You'll need to live in-zone to go there so check out its website. No doubt house prices will be reflected in its zoning!

PNBHS
Old Aug 21st 2015, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Debidoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there-my partner and I have been in Palmy for a year now - I know what it's like when you first come over not knowing any where etc. we live near Ashurst it's a 15 min drive to Palmy (no traffic - phew) and beautiful scenery on the way in. ashurst is a lovely place - There is a secondary school in Ashurst and also one in Feilding which looks good. Are you looking for semi rural or do you want to be in the city? When do you arrive? Happy to offer more specific advice- pm me- it would be nice to meet up when you arrive