Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

NCNZ registration help needed

NCNZ registration help needed

Old Mar 2nd 2017, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Sam13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NCNZ registration help needed

Hi, anyone who has successfully applied for their nursing reg are you able to help me with how much stuff I need to send?

I have certificates for all kinds of in-house and external 1-3 day courses...do I need to get all of these certified too and send them? Do I also need to add in timetables for the courses? Plus reflections and Revalidation paperwork I presume

How long were your professional and character references? I have just asked people to complete them for me but they are not sure how long to waffle on for, The criteria are a little woolly!
Any advice gratefully received!!
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCNZ registration help needed

Originally Posted by Sam13
Hi, anyone who has successfully applied for their nursing reg are you able to help me with how much stuff I need to send?

I have certificates for all kinds of in-house and external 1-3 day courses...do I need to get all of these certified too and send them? Do I also need to add in timetables for the courses? Plus reflections and Revalidation paperwork I presume

How long were your professional and character references? I have just asked people to complete them for me but they are not sure how long to waffle on for, The criteria are a little woolly!
Any advice gratefully received!!

Hey up

I registered in July last year, I sent every post grad thing I had done including short course certificates. Time tables not so much...your pre grad university will need to send full transcripts of your course and course syllabus along with your individual marks for each part. My references were a sheet of a4 and need to include the referees name rank and registration number and include if that there are no factors that would affect your registration (that exact phrase) these need to be originals any document copies need to be certified by either a jp or notary
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Hey up

I registered in July last year, I sent every post grad thing I had done including short course certificates. Time tables not so much...your pre grad university will need to send full transcripts of your course and course syllabus along with your individual marks for each part. My references were a sheet of a4 and need to include the referees name rank and registration number and include if that there are no factors that would affect your registration (that exact phrase) these need to be originals any document copies need to be certified by either a jp or notary
Thanks @inkedneonurse. I have just sent off my form to the university, fingers crossed they return the right stuff. Just need to find myself a jp or notary now.

Did you have to submit anything extra? And how far back did you go with your post grad courses? I qualified in 2001, so have got lots, guess it's prob better to send in too much rather than not enough!

How's the job hunting going?
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

The university have to send it direct to the council,are they aware of that? I sent everything that was still in date I.e PILS and all my preceptorship stuff but I've only been qualified 4 years. Your cv will have all the stuff on...it's more important if you don't hold a degree.....if you have s degree they will put less importance on your post grad stuff
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 7:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

The job hunt continues lol
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

Yea, I worded that badly, the university just needs to forward the right stuff not return it! I also copied all of the criteria NCNZ expect from registered nurses applying from their guidebook and posted that with the form- hopefully they will send enough over as I am diploma trained, and I'm not hopeful that all of the info they need will be easily accessible as we were still using OHPs in my lectures and there was no google!!

Thanks again, it's good to be able to ask someone more in the know! Hope something shows up on the job front soon 😀
Old Mar 3rd 2017, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sam13
Yea, I worded that badly, the university just needs to forward the right stuff not return it! I also copied all of the criteria NCNZ expect from registered nurses applying from their guidebook and posted that with the form- hopefully they will send enough over as I am diploma trained, and I'm not hopeful that all of the info they need will be easily accessible as we were still using OHPs in my lectures and there was no google!!

Thanks again, it's good to be able to ask someone more in the know! Hope something shows up on the job front soon 😀
No problem just yell if you need owt the guidelines can be very ambiguous
Old Mar 4th 2017, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
The job hunt continues lol
Hi
It's become extremely difficult for nurses to find employment from overseas, unless they are in a very niche specialty with experience/additional qualifications and for roles that employers have not been able to fill with local staff.

There is a strong drive to retain NZ nurses once they have completed their new graduate year (first year of practice) in the local workforce, with the idea of "growing our own".

There is already a lot of international nurses applying for work who are here in NZ, who are competing with local nurses who are ready to take up a position in a matter of weeks.

Sorry if this is not what so many UK nurses want to hear, but I work in nursing/midwifery recruitment for a District Health Board.

If you have any questions that I may be able to answer - just send me a PM.

Gill
Old Mar 4th 2017, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Hi
It's become extremely difficult for nurses to find employment from overseas, unless they are in a very niche specialty with experience/additional qualifications and for roles that employers have not been able to fill with local staff.

There is a strong drive to retain NZ nurses once they have completed their new graduate year (first year of practice) in the local workforce, with the idea of "growing our own".

There is already a lot of international nurses applying for work who are here in NZ, who are competing with local nurses who are ready to take up a position in a matter of weeks.

Sorry if this is not what so many UK nurses want to hear, but I work in nursing/midwifery recruitment for a District Health Board.

If you have any questions that I may be able to answer - just send me a PM.

Gill
Yes I have heard this is the case. I'm with a recruitment company so I leave my fate in their hands. I've also heard my trade of neonatal nursing is becoming popular for your home grown nurses....I am also experienced in A&e nursing and am looking at rural nursing as my pre and post graduation skill set is a perfect fit for the trade....if it was easy everyone would do it I guess

Last edited by inkedneonurse; Mar 4th 2017 at 6:44 am.
Old Mar 5th 2017, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of employers just won't pay the fee to recruitment agencies, when there is a access to so many local nurses.

Why not apply direct to jobs and try you luck that way??

Cheers
Gill