Reload this Page >

Moving to Whangarei - Help Please

Moving to Whangarei - Help Please

Old Jul 14th 2017, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

Guernsey2612 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Whangarei - Help Please

Hi

My wife is flying out to Whangarei on the 5th September to start work as a nurse there. My daughter and I will be flying out end of September when we have containerised the house...

So the help I am looking for is as follows:

Do you have any help in accommodation for my wife for the short term till we arrive? Is it best she looks to rent a property furnished short term?
What are the best suburbs to look at within a 30min drive to Whangarei Hospital, that will be suitable for a 16 year old girl to get access to meeting friends etc...

Any help and advice for accommodation, buying or renting cars, best suburbs etc... will be greatly appreciated....

Thanking you in advance

Andy & Georgina & Anya
Old Jul 14th 2017, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Whangarei - Help Please

Furnished accommodation is pretty hard to come by - it's a only a few weeks so suggest a holiday home would be best.

Look at Air BnB she might find a granny flat or rooms someone's home or at https://www.bookabach.co.nz/
Old Jul 15th 2017, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Hi

Thank you for you help....

Would you know the best suburbs to look to rent when we are out there?

Andy
Old Jul 15th 2017, 8:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know much, if anything about the suburbs around there except to say some look pretty rough, so you best get somewhere really short-term and take a good look around yourself. From my limited knowledge East of SH1 towards the coast are probably best bet.

Depending on what type of lifestyle you are looking for suburban or more rural or coastal, there are lots of other options for you beyond the immediate surrounds of Whangerei. I like Whangarei heads but maybe a bit far to commute, the area around Glenbervie and places up towards Ngugnuru and the Tutukaka coast are lovely.

You'll have to factor in how far you want to travel, schools and such like.

Much of the area is on a flood plain, so you really need to do your homework if you are looking to buy a place.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
I don't know much, if anything about the suburbs around there except to say some look pretty rough, so you best get somewhere really short-term and take a good look around yourself. From my limited knowledge East of SH1 towards the coast are probably best bet.

Depending on what type of lifestyle you are looking for suburban or more rural or coastal, there are lots of other options for you beyond the immediate surrounds of Whangerei. I like Whangarei heads but maybe a bit far to commute, the area around Glenbervie and places up towards Ngugnuru and the Tutukaka coast are lovely.

You'll have to factor in how far you want to travel, schools and such like.

Much of the area is on a flood plain, so you really need to do your homework if you are looking to buy a place.
Thank you so much for the feedback... I will defo do my homework before organising a house.