Moth balls?

Old May 6th 2012, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

104daysummervacation is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moth balls?

Hi Guys,

Our ticket is now booked for 1 August, me,my husband and younger daughter (14 ) are going to be living in Chc.
I am sure there are big things for me to worry about but I tend to be pretty chilled about what ever life throws at me.

We have started clearing out the house (tip,bootsale/charity ,crate )

If manchester / bedding will be sitting in a box btwn now and sometime in October I was thinking of mothballs.Wilkinsons do nice smelling cedar wood ones,rather than the traditional ghastly napthalene.

However,will MAF allow the cedar type or will that come under the heading of "untreated wood" ?

We are going to have to Jeyes fluid all of my daughter horsey things (pony not coming ) and that stuff will also need to be fumigated but I dont fancy having our manchester fumigated because I used the wrong mothballs!!

I don't want to have to rewash everything on arrival because of a "box " smell.

What did the rest of you find to work well ?

Thank you for your help and advice.

Last edited by 104daysummervacation; May 6th 2012 at 4:58 pm. Reason: error
Old May 7th 2012, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

BevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to allBevK is a name known to all
Default Re: Moth balls?

[QUOTE=104daysummervacation;10044645]Hi Guys,

Our ticket is now booked for 1 August, me,my husband and younger daughter (14 ) are going to be living in Chc.
I am sure there are big things for me to worry about but I tend to be pretty chilled about what ever life throws at me.

If manchester / bedding will be sitting in a box btwn now and sometime in October I was thinking of mothballs.Wilkinsons do nice smelling cedar wood ones,rather than the traditional ghastly napthalene.

However,will MAF allow the cedar type or will that come under the heading of "untreated wood" ?

Hi,

I cant answer the question about whether MAF allow mothballs or not, but I washed all my bedding/towels etc and then put them into those vacuum bags. Worked a treat, because when all my stuff arrived, they still smelled of my fabric conditioner. Also saved on space as well.

Bev
Old May 8th 2012, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moth balls?

Originally Posted by 104daysummervacation
Hi Guys,

We are going to have to Jeyes fluid all of my daughter horsey things (pony not coming ) and that stuff will also need to be fumigated but I dont fancy having our manchester fumigated because I used the wrong mothballs!!

I don't want to have to rewash everything on arrival because of a "box " smell.

What did the rest of you find to work well ?

Thank you for your help and advice.
Hi, just wanted to say, please read the ChCh thread - you may find useful stuff in there! I also used the vacuum bags btw.