Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

money to be made with brexit exchange rate

money to be made with brexit exchange rate

Old Jun 26th 2016, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: money to be made with brexit exchange rate

The uk deserves everything it gets, I hope it and the disgusting people who now inhabit the place sink
slowly into the pool of shite they now try to pass off as a society.
What this has shown is what a bunch of selfish whinging bastards they have become, they are running
around like spoilt little kids who cant have their own way
Watching this unfold, and the reactions of those who voted remain, I have NEVER felt more ashamed of being british

The working class blame the upper class for mis informing them
younger generation are blaming the older generation even though only 36% of 18-24s voted
middle class or rather middle class wanna be's are now trying to claim intellectual superiority
and are classing anyone who voted out as stupid / uneducated / ignorant.

Its all great news for immigrants as they are no longer to blame for anything.

The whole thing reminds me of the story of Chicken Licken with everyone running around as the sky was falling down

Last edited by Justcol; Jun 26th 2016 at 9:32 am.
Old Jun 26th 2016, 9:37 am
Welly bound

Munchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
The uk deserves everything it gets, I hope it and the disgusting people who now inhabit the place sink
What this has shown is what a bunch of selfish whinging bastards they have become, they are running
around like spoilt little kids who cant have their own way
Watching this unfold, and the reactions of those who voted remain, I have NEVER felt more ashamed of being british

The working class blame the upper class for mis informing them
younger generation are blaming the older generation even though only 36% of 18-24s voted
middle class or rather middle class wanna be's are now trying to claim intellectual superiority
and are classing anyone who voted out as stupid / uneducated / ignorant.

Its all great news for immigrants as they are no longer to blame for anything.

The whole thing reminds me of the story of Chicken Licken with everyone running around as the sky was falling down
My thoughts exactly mate. I'm embarrassed by the reaction too. Couldn't have explained it better.
Old Jun 26th 2016, 1:57 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Wouldn't want to get caught holding GBP if the UK votes out .
Looking at forecasts from economists it seems GBP is predicted to fall to around $1.20 over the next 6 months assuming that the status quo is maintained for that time.

The economy is tipped to contract for two consecutive quarters (a "technical recession" although I've never understood why not just call a recession a recession?) so that'll take us to next Christmas. Under trend growth the following year.

I've seen no employment forecasts to date but, as long as the UK remains in limbo, Brexit will be more of a drag than a shock. Until there is certainty companies will avoid investing in the UK but they won't relocate until there is clarity around the UKs market access.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 10:53 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
A NZD bought you about 48.3 pence at 10am and it now buys you about 51.8 pence.
GBP extended record losses, NZD got to 53p today.

Edit to add: Barclays and RBS shares suspended in early trading after they hit the circuit breakers on heavy losses. UK banks and financial service providers are being hammered.

Last edited by Charismatic; Jun 27th 2016 at 11:29 am.
Old Jun 27th 2016, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

After the football result £ forecast to drop another 10% :-)
Old Jun 28th 2016, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

The uk deserves everything it gets, I hope it and the disgusting people who now inhabit the place sink slowly into the pool of shite they now try to pass off as a society. What this has shown is what a bunch of selfish whinging bastards they have become
There's nothing like a sweeping generalization and tarring of everyone with the same brush and feathers to make UK emigrants feel welcome. This result has dealt devastating blows to me and many of my friends. We're trying to pick up the pieces and move forward while taking it in turns to hold each other up when our steps falter. To know you class me as a selfish, whining, illegitimate and disgusting pieces of shit makes the moving forward even harder. Thanks for that, we always thought we were just normal, working class made good, people who cared for our community, society and future.

Last edited by Hazelnut; Jun 28th 2016 at 10:43 am.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 10:32 am
Welly bound

Munchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond reputeMunchkjn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kotare
After the football result £ forecast to drop another 10% :-)
What do you mean? Wales arent playing until tonight!
Old Jun 28th 2016, 10:48 am
Welly bound

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
There's nothing like a sweeping generalization and tarring of everyone with the same brush and feathers to make UK emigrants feel welcome. This result has dealt devastating blows to me and many of my friends. We're trying to pick up the pieces and move forward while taking it in turns to hold each other up when our steps falter. To know you class me as a selfish, whining, illegitimate and disgusting pieces of shit makes the moving forward even harder. Thanks for that, we always thought we were just normal, working class made good, people who cared for our community, society and future.
My experience is of friends and family over reacting massively and being so hyper sensitive as to take offence from anything and anyone. Looking for people to blame for what they see as a cataclysm. This is causing rifts to form within families, communtites and between regions of the country. That is what I find disappointing about the UK right now. Really disappointing that we are so divided and don't seem capable of pullng together. There's no leadership and no common goal, the place is falling apart. It would be good if we could get over the shock and see the bigger picture here. Best of luck in these unstable times.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

LittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGreyCat has a reputation beyond repute

<snip>
You sure you would't like to live in the UK?

You would fit right in.

You sound just like all the other bigoted ignorant racists who are sticking their ugly heads up.
Old Jun 28th 2016, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

You sound just like all the other bigoted ignorant racists who are sticking their ugly heads up.
Hey come on, that's not nice or helpful.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
This result has dealt devastating blows to me and many of my friends. We're trying to pick up the pieces and move forward
while taking it in turns to hold each other up when our steps falter.

Good grief, how precious, that's priceless !!

Originally Posted by Munchkjn
My experience is of friends and family over reacting massively and being so hyper sensitive as to take offence from anything
and anyone. Looking for people to blame for what they see as a cataclysm.
Munchkin has got it dead right

Originally Posted by LittleGreyCat
You sure you would't like to live in the UK?
You would fit right in.
BIGOT - noun, a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

It strikes me that the bigots at the moment are those who didn't get the result they wanted
and now cannot accept the result of a democratic process

I'm an immigrant married to a foreigner, how does that make me a racist

Let me guess, you voted Remain

Old Jun 29th 2016, 9:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Wind your necks in and cut it out.

There is absolutely no need to start with the insults and name calling.

You have a point of view then speak that . I have to say I am getting very fed up with this Leave / Remain label & the taunts that seems to bring forth from some people.

You want to discuss the referendum or even the actual thread topic then do so.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BEVS

You have a point of view then speak that . I have to say I am getting very fed up with this Leave / Remain label & the taunts that seems to bring forth from some people.

You want to discuss the referendum or even the actual thread topic then do so.
Crikey it's causing vitriol and division over there as well. As for Justcol,he found somewhere else to live better than Manc, but then it wasn't hard eh ?!!

Last edited by Droidling; Jun 30th 2016 at 12:23 am.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 12:58 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Droidling
Crikey it's causing vitriol and division over there as well.
I know. It's like a bad rash everywhere.
Old Jun 30th 2016, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Thank you Bevs. I've been pretty quiet on this and to be insulted then ridiculed by someone who has no understanding of what we're going through has been a pretty unpleasant experience.

I've been posting less and less and this just confirms that I might as well stop altogether. We'll continue to work towards NZ and keep jumping all the b****y hoops that people keep putting in the way but this is obviously not somewhere good to be right now.

Thanks to everyone that's helped so far and I hope to see some of you when we, eventually , arrive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.