Reload this Page >

Medical Waiver - Inquiry

Medical Waiver - Inquiry

Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:05 am
Just Joined

dsdgel is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Medical Waiver - Inquiry

Hi Everyone,

I'm a parent of a 7 year old girl with down syndrome. Me and my family are currently residing in the Philippines, and have had our application for migration to New Zealand lodged last October 2016. We have received the assessment of the medical assessor for our application and was notified that our daughter had not met the medical standards for the application due to her Down syndrome and global developmental delay. We were offered to dispute the case but since it is a fact that our daughter has DS, there is no dispute in the assessment. We are then offered to have a medical waiver and we have already submitted all the necessary documents to support that our daughter would not impose significant cost on NZ's special education services and to ask for a consideration for a medical waiver for our daughter.

As for my daughter, based on the reports from her pediatrician, our daughter is progressing steadily with mild delays. She is now 7 years and 2 months with a developmental age of 4years and 7months assessed by her develpmental pedia last May 2017. She is currently enrolled in a progressive school. In all those time in school she is included in a regular class along with normal kids. She has displayed the social skills to become independent and be able to mingle with her classmates. According also to the pediatrician’s report, the only recommended therapies are occupational therapy to improve her writing skills, and speech and language therapy for improvements on her conversational skills, both of which, are recommended once per week.

It has already been 6 weeks since we have submitted the necessary documents for the waiver, but we are still waiting for feedbacks from the CO

In line with this, has anyone had the same experience, and was granted a medical waiver? Sorry for a long message

Thank you so much.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 8:42 am
Just Joined

dsdgel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Waiver - Inquiry

Hi All,

Latest update on our application. Our application has been allocated to our new CO from JZ to NZ and from her email, she's still waiting for her supervisor’s decision on our Medical Waiver Assessment. This waiting game is making us really nervous :-( .

Is there someone else who had NZ as their CO?

Thanks.