Marlbourgh

Old Nov 26th 2017, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marlbourgh

Any feedback on this area Nelson, Blenheim for possible relocation in 2018
Old Nov 26th 2017, 6:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Marlbourgh

Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland
Any feedback on this area Nelson, Blenheim for possible relocation in 2018
What sort of feedback are you looking for?
Old Nov 26th 2017, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
What sort of feedback are you looking for?
Inside knowledge you cant find on google or just peoples experiences

For example areas that are best kept away from

Example "Taxi's from Blenheim Airport"
Old Nov 27th 2017, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Nelson is nice, motueka is better, can't comment on Blenheim
Old Nov 27th 2017, 6:54 am
`

Originally Posted by Justcol
Nelson is nice, motueka is better, can't comment on Blenheim
You haven't lived in either.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

No but I have friends and family in both and have spent time in both
Just thought I'd offer something to get the ball rolling
And I thought the tone was of an acceptable level, so that's a big thumbs up for me
Anyway back to the topic

Last edited by Justcol; Nov 27th 2017 at 8:11 am.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:43 am
`

No but I have friends and family in both and have spent time in both
Just thought I'd offer something to get the ball rolling
And I thought the tone was of an acceptable level, so that's a big thumbs up for me
Anyway back to the topic
That is absolutely fair enough. I had no idea you had actual family out here Col. Thought it was just you & immediates that emigrated.
No idea you'd lived here either.

Share your inside knowledge .
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:14 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Looking to buy a vineyard or brewery

Have looked at a place called Havelock which is at start of sounds.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:38 pm
`

Looking to buy a vineyard or brewery

Have looked at a place called Havelock which is at start of sounds.
Ah! Then as you know you are definitely in the right regions. I'm going to ping Catcha .

There is nothing at Havelock really but that may be what you are looking for. Quiet place but yes, if you have a boat it is a gateway out onto the Sounds.

Around Nelson and Tasman there are plenty of boutique vineyards & micro breweries . I haven't heard of many disastrous years but maybe I haven't been paying enough attention. With this area, unless you are over Takaka Hill into Golden Bay you are going to have easy enough access to townships and Nelson if needs be. Of course this area is out on a limb so getting anywhere outside of this area can be a bit of a mission unless it is a couple of internal flights.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS
Ah! Then as you know you are definitely in the right regions. I'm going to ping Catcha .

There is nothing at Havelock really but that may be what you are looking for. Quiet place but yes, if you have a boat it is a gateway out onto the Sounds.

Around Nelson and Tasman there are plenty of boutique vineyards & micro breweries . I haven't heard of many disastrous years but maybe I haven't been paying enough attention. With this area, unless you are over Takaka Hill into Golden Bay you are going to have easy enough access to townships and Nelson if needs be. Of course this area is out on a limb so getting anywhere outside of this area can be a bit of a mission unless it is a couple of internal flights.
Its supposed to be around 40 to 50 mins drive from Havelock to Blenheim?. Followed a utube clip and it seemed very straight drive - basically turn right at Renwick (from Blenheim).

Strategically it would then also be 50/50 nelson airport or Blenheim? or seaplane from picton depending on tide. Digressing but I would love to do up a catalina.

I prefer isolation and quick access to deep water (sailing/mooring) and fishing.

Internet I guess is a very high consideration.

Mussel sandwiches, wine and quiet is bliss for me.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 8:05 pm
`

Its supposed to be around 40 to 50 mins drive from Havelock to Blenheim?. Followed a utube clip and it seemed very straight drive - basically turn right at Renwick (from Blenheim).

Strategically it would then also be 50/50 nelson airport or Blenheim? or seaplane from picton depending on tide. Digressing but I would love to do up a catalina.

I prefer isolation and quick access to deep water (sailing/mooring) and fishing.

Internet I guess is a very high consideration.

Mussel sandwiches, wine and quiet is bliss for me.
Yes. The drive Havelock / Blenheim is a straight drive. The Havelock/Nelson drive takes you up and over the Wangamoas. If you don't mind a hair pin then that is fine. Sometimes though the road can be down to one lane for obvious reasons. Weather. Slips. Accident.

Either airport will take you direct to the main centres of Auckland Wellington.
Nelson you can get to Queenstown & Christchurch direct.

If you want deep water then Nelson and Tasman may not be the ticket. It is extremely tidal here.

I believe the floatplane at Picton is still out of action. It crashed a while back.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 9:46 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings from Marlborough.

Been here since 2007. Personally we love it, started our family here and love the whole area.

Pro's - Great weather, wine industry, amazing scenery, great place to bring up kids.

Cons - Blenheim itself does not have much about it, small city with little charm. Earthquakes, had a few big shakes over the years.

We have a trailer boat and launch from Picton or Havelock. Dont know much about waterside properties, but there seems to be a lot around.

Let me know if I can help.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Catchafire

Been here since 2007. Personally we love it, started our family here and love the whole area.

Pro's - Great weather, wine industry, amazing scenery, great place to bring up kids.

Cons - Blenheim itself does not have much about it, small city with little charm. Earthquakes, had a few big shakes over the years.

We have a trailer boat and launch from Picton or Havelock. Dont know much about waterside properties, but there seems to be a lot around.

Let me know if I can help.
Thanks really appreciate it

We travel a lot so coming back to a home base or "Sanctuary" does not need a lot around it.

We have received loads of properties for sale from the estate agents - which may be a concern by the number, but the common attribute are the backdrop scenery from all the properties. Lush green gardens, bright blue skys.

Traffic jam on the way to airport was 2 people at the roundabout.
Old Nov 28th 2017, 10:35 pm
`

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Catcha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.