Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Looking for an Ex school mate

Looking for an Ex school mate

Old Jan 15th 2017, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

chazbod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for an Ex school mate

Hi all, I'm in the UK, but I'm looking for an old school mate. His name is Terrance (Terry ) Morris, he emigrated to New Zealand in 1971, with his Parents Trevor, who was 45 y/o, Pamela aged 34. There was also a few other family members travelling as well. Terry was born on 2/Feb/1958. I believe he became a Naturalized Person in 1977. The first address I have for the family is : c/o Migrant Advisory Centre, Lambton Quay, Wellington. If anybody has any information, or knows Terry, who was nicknamed Moggings at High School, I would be extremely grateful. Charlie Bodicoat,
Old Jan 17th 2017, 7:09 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for an Ex school mate

Have you searched Google on the confuser? Only reason I ask is there is a linkedin hit under his name who looks about the right age, middle class profession and appears to have been at school '75 to '79. It's a small country...
Old Jan 17th 2017, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

maquis is an unknown quantity at this point

Terrance Morris was naturalised in 1977 and lived at 24 Kaiwaka Road, Waiuku (Papakura) in 1978. Not sure where he is after that. This might be him on FB? https://www.facebook.com/terrance.morris.10
Old Jan 17th 2017, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi Maquis, thanks for the heads up. I checked the FB profile, but according to that, that Terry Morris was born on the 11th of Feb 1969. The Terry I am looking for was born in Feb 1958. ( ironically the 11th of Feb is my birthday :/ )
Old Jan 18th 2017, 1:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by chazbod
Hi all, I'm in the UK, but I'm looking for an old school mate. His name is Terrance (Terry ) Morris, he emigrated to New Zealand in 1971, with his Parents Trevor, who was 45 y/o, Pamela aged 34. There was also a few other family members travelling as well. Terry was born on 2/Feb/1958. I believe he became a Naturalized Person in 1977. The first address I have for the family is : c/o Migrant Advisory Centre, Lambton Quay, Wellington. If anybody has any information, or knows Terry, who was nicknamed Moggings at High School, I would be extremely grateful. Charlie Bodicoat,
Hi there.
The family that appears on the passenger lists with address c/o Migrant Advisory Centre is as follows.
Trevor Morris age 45 Data Process Tech
Pamela E Morris age 34
Beatrice Morris age 80.
Terence Morris age 11 - This doesn't match your spelling of the first name nor the year of birth which would have been 1960.

Is this the actual family? Or is this a Terrance/Terence that you think it may be please? Quite important to get the small details right.

Where were the family living in the UK before emigrating.

There is just one Terrance Morris born first QTS 1958 and that was in Leicestershire. However this would not have been the lad above.
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi Bevs, Thanks for the reply. It's strange, the names that were first suggested to me were the ones you have mentioned. However, the Terry Morris I knew was the one born in the 1st qtr of 1958, in Leicestershire, so I'm not sure what gives now Thanks for your help, Charlie
Old Jan 23rd 2017, 7:21 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by chazbod
Hi Bevs, Thanks for the reply. It's strange, the names that were first suggested to me were the ones you have mentioned. However, the Terry Morris I knew was the one born in the 1st qtr of 1958, in Leicestershire, so I'm not sure what gives now Thanks for your help, Charlie
If it is definitely 1958 Leicestshire, then I can maybe find his parents names and poss if he married etc.

I think someone somewhere looked at an old record and jumped to conclusions.

He may well not have left for New Zealand at all. There is no record of the 1958 lad doing so.

Even though it is maybe not of NZ, I will have a mooch around and see what I can find , if anything, and post into here. No probs.