Impossible dream?

Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Outofengland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Impossible dream?

Hello
I would love to make the move to New Zealand with my family (one husband and four children) for many reasons, mainly to do with health and quality of life. But I'm worried that it might be impossible. My husband works as a senior production planner for a ready meals factory. I don't have a job at the moment. Our youngest is six months and I see myself as a full time mother. My question is how likely would it be for my husband to find a job out there and will it be harder for the rest of us to get visas as I am not working? I have an Auntie and Uncle and cousin in New Zealand. Does that help our cause? We visited them just over three years ago and the two oldest children (youngest hadn't been born) loved it so much. We all did. I just wish we could all move out there.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Impossible dream?

Originally Posted by Outofengland
Hello
I would love to make the move to New Zealand with my family (one husband and four children) for many reasons, mainly to do with health and quality of life. But I'm worried that it might be impossible. My husband works as a senior production planner for a ready meals factory. I don't have a job at the moment. Our youngest is six months and I see myself as a full time mother. My question is how likely would it be for my husband to find a job out there and will it be harder for the rest of us to get visas as I am not working? I have an Auntie and Uncle and cousin in New Zealand. Does that help our cause? We visited them just over three years ago and the two oldest children (youngest hadn't been born) loved it so much. We all did. I just wish we could all move out there.
Unfortunately Production planner does not appear on any of the skills lists
A quote from INZ
"If your job is not on a shortage list, don’t be disheartened. There are other work, resident, student and holiday visas that might be right for you.

Employers with advertised job vacancies in New Zealand that have made genuine but unsuccessful efforts to find a suitable New Zealand citizen or resident for the position can look to recruit migrant workers. In this situation, the employer may apply to Immigration New Zealand for Approval in Principle to recruit workers from overseas. They may also offer employment to a migrant directly and support their application for an Essential Skills work visa. The employer will need to provide supporting information and demonstrate their efforts to recruit New Zealanders first.

If you want to apply for residence in New Zealand, you might be eligible under the Skilled Migrant Category, or a Work to Residence visa if you are offered employment by an Accredited Employer"

The problem is they are changing the goal posts in August (there is a thread about the changes in the immigration section of the forum. Did you have a trade before you became a stay at home mum?
Old Jul 14th 2017, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
Unfortunately Production planner does not appear on any of the skills lists
A quote from INZ
"If your job is not on a shortage list, don’t be disheartened. There are other work, resident, student and holiday visas that might be right for you.

Employers with advertised job vacancies in New Zealand that have made genuine but unsuccessful efforts to find a suitable New Zealand citizen or resident for the position can look to recruit migrant workers. In this situation, the employer may apply to Immigration New Zealand for Approval in Principle to recruit workers from overseas. They may also offer employment to a migrant directly and support their application for an Essential Skills work visa. The employer will need to provide supporting information and demonstrate their efforts to recruit New Zealanders first.

If you want to apply for residence in New Zealand, you might be eligible under the Skilled Migrant Category, or a Work to Residence visa if you are offered employment by an Accredited Employer"

The problem is they are changing the goal posts in August (there is a thread about the changes in the immigration section of the forum. Did you have a trade before you became a stay at home mum?
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have never had a skilled job. I just worked in minimum wage jobs such as cleaning and bar work. So having the relations out there doesn't help? I had heard about the changes to the visa requirements. Will it become even more tough? How much money would we need to have in the bank in order to secure a visa that way? I heard it is $500,000 but is it more with six of us?
Old Jul 14th 2017, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Outofengland
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I have never had a skilled job. I just worked in minimum wage jobs such as cleaning and bar work. So having the relations out there doesn't help? I had heard about the changes to the visa requirements. Will it become even more tough? How much money would we need to have in the bank in order to secure a visa that way? I heard it is $500,000 but is it more with six of us?
Nope close family are only worth 10 points on the visa and I think even that is changing....yes the new rules are mostly aimed towards temporary visas which will make them more difficult to obtain. I think the visa you on about is the retirement one however you would need a child that's already a resident 1mil to invest and a further annual income of 600k or more
Old Jul 14th 2017, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Aunties, Uncles and cousins are not considered 'close' family and therefore would not give you any points. Only a partner, parents and siblings are considered to be close family members for purpose of NZ immigration.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both for your helpful replies. It feels as though they are clamping down on immigration. Maybe we need to have a long term plan of action. I could go to college and learn a trade and we could all move over on the back of that. I'll have a look at the skills shortage list and see what the choices are.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good luck, I hope you find your path