Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

IELTS question for New Zealand

IELTS question for New Zealand

Old Aug 12th 2017, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS question for New Zealand

I'm confused.....not hard mind 😀

Don't you just need your overall IELTS score to be 7.0 or above for nursing registration (average of the individual scores) so you would be 8.35 ???
Haven't you passed even though you scored 6.5 in the writing ???
Old Aug 12th 2017, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
I'm confused.....not hard mind 😀

Don't you just need your overall IELTS score to be 7.0 or above for nursing registration (average of the individual scores) so you would be 8.35 ???
Haven't you passed even though you scored 6.5 in the writing ???
You are a tad confused, you have to gain a 7 in each band
Old Aug 12th 2017, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

hollynic is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes overall score is irrelevant as it's a minimum of 7 for each banding. My official results came in the post this morning and confirmed the provisional online results. I have just posted off for a re-mark on my writing and praying for an increase of 0.5 to pass. It's cost me £60 and can take up to 8 weeks. As I'm not on a strict timescale I decided to try for this option. It would be quicker to book, retake and await results on another IETLS but because I am genuinely shocked at the results plus trying to save myself the £140(ish) that a retake would cost I'm going for the re-mark. I've googled the successful re-mark stories so channelling my thoughts of positivity into those 💪🏻 WATCH THIS SPACE - I might be paying to re-sit yet then I'll have wasted £60 🙈

Last edited by hollynic; Aug 12th 2017 at 2:45 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2017, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Flyddo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

So got my IELTS results today and passed!

Now I can proceed with my nursing registration, does anyone have any sort of plan of what they did to start with?
As soon as I have gained registration we plan on going with an essential skills visa with my husbands work as it will be the quickest and cheapest and if we like it after 2 years then apply for residency.

Any hints, tips and advice welcome!

Thanks
Old Sep 1st 2017, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flyddo
Hi everyone,

So got my IELTS results today and passed!

Now I can proceed with my nursing registration, does anyone have any sort of plan of what they did to start with?
As soon as I have gained registration we plan on going with an essential skills visa with my husbands work as it will be the quickest and cheapest and if we like it after 2 years then apply for residency.

Any hints, tips and advice welcome!

Thanks
First apply online through the NZ nursing council once the application is live start applying for your university marks and syllabus as they will only accept these straight from the uni, they will tell you when you need your fit to work police check (this is different from the uk one
You will need for your visa). Once you are in the process and all your documents have been accepted start applying for jobs (see my post a nurses journey to nz it has approx times)
Old Sep 1st 2017, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Flyddo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
First apply online through the NZ nursing council once the application is live start applying for your university marks and syllabus as they will only accept these straight from the uni, they will tell you when you need your fit to work police check (this is different from the uk one
You will need for your visa). Once you are in the process and all your documents have been accepted start applying for jobs (see my post a nurses journey to nz it has approx times)
Thanks a lot. I plan on telling my boss this week (don't think it will be gratefully received and am dreading it), how soon do they need all my references?

Hopefully the nursing registration doesn't take too long as we hope to be out in Canterbury in January!!

Thanks
Old Sep 1st 2017, 7:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Flyddo
Thanks a lot. I plan on telling my boss this week (don't think it will be gratefully received and am dreading it), how soon do they need all my references?

Hopefully the nursing registration doesn't take too long as we hope to be out in Canterbury in January!!

Thanks
The references form part of the step one process so they will need them after you have filled in your application form (I sent mine the same day that I submitted it)

They won't start processing till they have got the stage one docs
Old Sep 1st 2017, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/content/download/1510/6916/file/RN%20International%20application%20form%2023Feb17% 20-%20online%20app.pdf
Old Sep 1st 2017, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

stevie_p is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Ive only just found this forum. Been in Auckland working as a nurse for almost a year. My advice would be to make sure you go through each part like a fine tooth comb. The nursing registration was a long, frustrating tedious process. However i got there in the end. Make sure all your references have the required information. They will knock them back if some information is missing (not signed, no PIN, not dated etc.). Contact your university for transcripts. The nursing council will want these directly from your university. My old University sent my transcripts to my UK address. I then forwarded these to New Zealand only to be told this was not the correct way. This can add on an extra month or two.
Also take into consideration that Last few weeks im December and first weeks in January everything appears to run even more slowly.