IELTS exam tips!

Old Aug 9th 2017, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Flyddo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS exam tips!

So my IELTS exam is booked, seems crazy that after doing a nursing degree I need to prove my English capabilities. Well anyway, I have done several practice attempts and feel OK apart from the writing tasks!

Does anyone have any helpful tips?

Thanks
Old Aug 9th 2017, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS exam tips!

You've practiced that's the only tip really...oh and don't forget your passport... good luck
Old Aug 10th 2017, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

hollynic is an unknown quantity at this point

Did mine a week last Saturday and get my results tonight! Ok Tips hmmmmmmm......LISTENING: My only tip with this is to really listen carefully (sounds a stupid tip), its such an easy text if you do exactly what it says on the tin. They try to trick you but as long as you arent easily distracted and don't miss a word it's fine. SPEAKING: The easiest test if you're fluent, if not speak clearly. READING: you can spend too long reading the get to the questions and have to re- read anyway. I found it quicker to read the questions first and then to find the answer in the passage rather then panic read and not be able to absorbe the entire passasge. WRITING: I'm a fast writer but I'm dislexic so struggle with grammar and spelling. There's two parts to this so I tactfully started on the writing question that was worth more points with a higher word count then went onto to the other piece after on the off chance I didn't get finished.

I did the practice tests online before hand 🤚🏻
Old Aug 10th 2017, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Flyddo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hollynic
Did mine a week last Saturday and get my results tonight! Ok Tips hmmmmmmm......LISTENING: My only tip with this is to really listen carefully (sounds a stupid tip), its such an easy text if you do exactly what it says on the tin. They try to trick you but as long as you arent easily distracted and don't miss a word it's fine. SPEAKING: The easiest test if you're fluent, if not speak clearly. READING: you can spend too long reading the get to the questions and have to re- read anyway. I found it quicker to read the questions first and then to find the answer in the passage rather then panic read and not be able to absorbe the entire passasge. WRITING: I'm a fast writer but I'm dislexic so struggle with grammar and spelling. There's two parts to this so I tactfully started on the writing question that was worth more points with a higher word count then went onto to the other piece after on the off chance I didn't get finished.

I did the practice tests online before hand 🤚🏻
Hey

Thanks for the reply.

I think it will be the writing section that will make it or break it. I am just not very confident at writing academically in a short time period!!!

Good luck and let me know your results!
Old Aug 11th 2017, 4:07 am
Just Joined

born_bred_red is an unknown quantity at this point

Writing exam- don't over complicate what they are asking. I spent way to long thinking some clever answer when really they just want to see you can write clear sentences free of grammatical errors.