I.T Jobs

Old May 20th 2015, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

McLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really nice
Default Re: I.T Jobs

Originally Posted by AftabAK
Thank you McLeod and all other senior BE members.

I am a Software Developer having 6 years of experience with skills in

• MS Visual Basic 6.0
• .Net Languages (VB.Net, C#.Net)
• .Net Framework 2.0, 3.5, 4.0
• T-SQL
• MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008 R2 & Data Migration
• Oracle 10g (Toad 8.6)
• MS Access
• MS SQL Server Integration Services (Extract, Transform, Load)

What are the chances
What do you do in .Net?
I'm a C# dev too, previously a VB.Net guy but everyone has a skeleton in the closet!
Old May 21st 2015, 4:42 am
Just Joined

AftabAK is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great we both are from the same area. We develop Software applications in .Net which are mostly business applications. We work on banking applications mostly on Risk Management, Legacy Data Migration and stuff like that.
If i move there can i get a job in S/W Development?
Old May 21st 2015, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

McLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really niceMcLeod is just really nice

That's great we both are from the same area. We develop Software applications in .Net which are mostly business applications. We work on banking applications mostly on Risk Management, Legacy Data Migration and stuff like that.
If i move there can i get a job in S/W Development?
Getting a job is still down to you and the employer. Reason I asked what you did though is so I could give you info on what I have found while looking for a job recently.

What a lot of the jobs I see tend to want is some or all of these, so if you don't do this stuff, time to get learning:

MVVM - Knockout / Backbone / Angular.
Node.js
Bootstrap
MVC 2 - 5.
Entity Framework 3 - 6.

These are common ones I see being asked for. If I think of any others I'll add them.

There's quite a few jobs around at the moment, have a look on Seek, devs are in demand in NZ it seems.

Where abouts were you thinking of moving to?
Old May 24th 2015, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,

I am planning to move to New Zealand soon. What are the chances of getting job in the I.T field in New Zealand?? Any idea

With the skills and experience you have outlined in later posts you should be able to find employers.

I suggest you look at the TradeMe and Seek websites and contact some of the employers and agencies you find there.

Steve
Old May 25th 2015, 4:53 am
Just Joined

AftabAK is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Stephen Jones