How to...UK TV

Old Jan 26th 2016, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

allyokay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to...UK TV

I get my broadband from Orcon because I read that they introduced their own VPN service but had to stop providing it because of lawsuits. I don't really understand the difference between DNS and VPN but I downloaded an app for my iPad from Cactus, a VPN service. I think it cost about six or seven quid for three months. Absolutely no problems at all, after I downloaded it I just chose which country i wanted to re route my ip address (UK,London), and then which server and away I went. You can use three devices with Cactus, all using different servers if you like. My experience is that you can generally get a free trial if you ask (even if they don't as a rule offer free trials) I hope this helps.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone use a slingbox here? Need a mate in uk to hook your slingbox to their sky (assuming it's all good to ponce their sky and you won't conflict channels too much!), it beams it over interweb and assuming you have decent tinternet then you pick it on a variety of devices here? Best thing is it's free after initial outlay but got the poncing, channel conflicting and decent internet here to factor in!
Old Jan 27th 2016, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

I've been using:

British TV Channels Online FREE - Live TV Online

Alright for a small screen

Last edited by LoCarb; Jan 27th 2016 at 3:22 am. Reason: Additional info
Old Jan 27th 2016, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

desmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nice

Anyone having problems recently? I was using unlocator and it's died for iplayer. Hola also seems to have issues. Now using Unotelly. BBC I think are cracking down on VPN. Anyone recommend something that works?
Old Jan 27th 2016, 6:59 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desmondo84
Anyone having problems recently? I was using unlocator and it's died for iplayer. Hola also seems to have issues. Now using Unotelly. BBC I think are cracking down on VPN. Anyone recommend something that works?
Netflix is cracking down and there is a lot of noise on techie forums about work arounds. They seem to be hitting the well-known providers. I've not heard of problems with iplayer.

General opinion is that Netflix are doing it to appease the US content providers and it will all die down in a while. Geeks I know have very positive things to say about DNS4Me, which is a NZ company - apparently they have been responding very quickly to Netflix's actions. I'm with Getfilx, an Australian company, and am still able to get onto both.

For techie support look here:

Netflix Crackdown - have you been affected?

Netflix Unblocking - some FAQ's
Old Jan 28th 2016, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

You dont need any fancy vpn or anthing to watch most of the uk tv but it is live so the time difference needs to be remembered. You can watch on android or pc and it streams perfect for free but if you pay a monthly subscription you can record and you can watch terrestrial tv for most countries of the world to. Just download FILMON LIVE TV on Google play store or on pc.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 8:08 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Juscol - go for Unblockus or Tellypass (what I used - so so easy and reliable). It's utterly idiot-proof way to access all the channels you want with excellent customer service for is you get stuck. Then you just need to plug your laptop into your telly via a HDMI cable (unless you have an internet telly). Shame you didn't mention this a few weeks ago - I would have popped round and sorted it for you, seeing as we were practically neighbours I assume you have sorted Fibre - it is super fast in your street.

BTW, if you subscribe to UK Netflix then via TellyPass (possibly others also) you get US Netflix too.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Juscol - go for Unblockus or Tellypass (what I used - so so easy and reliable). It's utterly idiot-proof way to access all the channels you want with excellent customer service for is you get stuck. Then you just need to plug your laptop into your telly via a HDMI cable (unless you have an internet telly). Shame you didn't mention this a few weeks ago - I would have popped round and sorted it for you, seeing as we were practically neighbours I assume you have sorted Fibre - it is super fast in your street. BTW, if you subscribe to UK Netflix then via TellyPass (possibly others also) you get US Netflix too.
Don't bother with the computer and cables, buy a Roku Streaming Stick and just stick it in your TV. No cables, no plugs, no wires. It turns your TV into a Smart UK TV.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Don't bother with the computer and cables, buy a Roku Streaming Stick and just stick it in your TV. No cables, no plugs, no wires. It turns your TV into a Smart UK TV.
Is that like Google chrome (it mirrors what's on your device?)
Old Jan 28th 2016, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's a small device that slots into the back of your TV that you control with a remote control that gives you all the UK (or USA) TV services plus about 1000+ more channels including stuff like Netflix, Spotify, Google Play etc.

Here's a review, to get the UK one working in NZ takes a bit of trickery but nothing I can't help anyone with.

Old Jan 28th 2016, 8:55 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
Just to clarify for others, you will still need to geo-unblock to get US/UK channels.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Looks like Netflix have waged war on VPN services, from what I read the way forward is to change the DNS settings on your modem??? Is that right? Does anyone know what you change them to? Or better still had anyone got a link that will step by step show you what to do?
Old Jan 28th 2016, 10:16 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by allyokay
Looks like Netflix have waged war on VPN services, from what I read the way forward is to change the DNS settings on your modem??? Is that right? Does anyone know what you change them to? Or better still had anyone got a link that will step by step show you what to do?

What sort of modem/router do you have? Which unblocking company are you using?

I wouldn't change anything unless you are experiencing problems. Some DNS providers seem to be on top of it.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PHONEJUNKY
You dont need any fancy vpn or anthing to watch most of the uk tv but it is live so the time difference needs to be remembered. You can watch on android or pc and it streams perfect for free but if you pay a monthly subscription you can record and you can watch terrestrial tv for most countries of the world to. Just download FILMON LIVE TV on Google play store or on pc.

I use Filmon.com to watch UK TV and can record 11hrs of programmes at a time for approx £6.50 a month.Download them then the recording time is available again. Ideal due to time difference and quality is good on our 46" Samsung.Streaming in Sd is free but HD costs. However, if you download a programme it downloads in HD - a quirk of Filmon.
Old Jan 29th 2016, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

A friend in the UK suggested using an And round box, I've never heard of them,
Does anyone have one or tried one and do we get UK stuff on it or would an nz one be regional ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.