Reload this Page >

How do I prove I'm not taking a job from a kiwi

How do I prove I'm not taking a job from a kiwi

Old Jul 27th 2014, 2:23 am
Just Joined

Bobbya100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I prove I'm not taking a job from a kiwi

My girlfriend is applying for a work visa in New Zealand but has received an
e-mail saying that it will not be granted on the grounds she is taking a kiwis job. We have until the 6th to prove other wise. She is a support worker caring for the disabled. Her Employer is currently very understaffed and has been advertising for workers for at least 8 months. They advertise on trade me, seek and in the local paper. They also have their details singed up to wingz but they rarely get sent any workers and if they do they're no good. According to immigration there are people who can do the job or be trained to do the job in the hawks bay area but in almost the year my girlfriend has been working there they haven't had any one prepared to do the work required.

Can anyone think of any other ways to prove she is not taking a job from a kiwi?
Old Jul 27th 2014, 2:27 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I prove I'm not taking a job from a kiwi

The employer needs to prove that they have done sufficient advertising to employ someone already with the appropriate visa not your gf. It is down to the employer.
If she is already working there what visa is she on at the moment?
Are her skills not on the skills shortage lists?
Old Jul 27th 2014, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

When my employer did that for me (as MrsF says it's their job not yours) they provided photocopies of all employment advertisements etc. to evidence they'd tried. If they have a HR department at their company this could be something to ask them about.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 3:16 am
Just Joined

She is currently on a working holiday visa and no her job is not on the skilled shortage list. She is working very closely with her employer who also can't think of anything else they can do.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 3:19 am
Just Joined

We have already sent copy's of all advertisements they currently run and we also have sent a letter from the CEO of her company which states they have tried everything and how much they need her.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you and the employer have done everything you can do already.

The issue will be that there will be unemployed people in your area who could and should do the work - but won't because they don't fancy it.It is an ongoing problem for a job like that - there are lots of unemployed people who could be filling the vacancy but would rather sit back and take the handout instead.
Old Jul 27th 2014, 7:37 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I can see that you say they get sent workers, the fact that they are no good, doesn't really come into it they are able to source locally from what you suggest. Has the Company spoken to Immigration and put their case? Don't know if it would help.
What visa is you GF on at the moment?
Old Jul 27th 2014, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Blade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond reputeBlade Down Under has a reputation beyond repute

Care giver and a work visa

I wish you the very best of luck

What visa are you on by the way? How long have you two been together?

Companies like Bupa and Oceania struggle to employ because of the work conditions and the dreadful pay. There was an article in the Herald a few weeks ago (i'll see if I can find it), that the popular members of staff in these places are partners of skilled migrant or wtr migrants. It's generally the pay that puts people off working there, I think the average wage is the minimum wage to around $16 unless you are a resident nurse.

There is nothing that you can really do about this. It will be down to the company of the care home to do this. From my understanding, they try to avoid doing this because of the costs and also they don't understand immigration rules. If she could get the boss or the employer to contact the case officer and ask what they need to do, to satisfy INZ, that's the best way forward.

How we do it at our place, is that we do the usual advertisements and then we provide INZ with applications or enquiries from whatever site we've used or if they've come via our work site. We kept records of the date our advert was placed internally and externally to when the migrant applicant applied. The Kiwi issue wasn't a problem for us. We showed INZ some of the applicants CVs who applied against the migrant we wished to hire. Then it was all down to whether INZ accepted our proposal why we wished to hire Mr Migrant instead of any Kiwi. This was a pain in the backside for us, therefore we became accredited (it is so much easier to employ migrants when accredited).

I wish you the very best of luck in this by the way
Old Jul 28th 2014, 11:34 am
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute

she cant but the employer can!
Old Jul 28th 2014, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bobbya100
My girlfriend is applying for a work visa in New Zealand but has received an
e-mail saying that it will not be granted on the grounds she is taking a kiwis job. We have until the 6th to prove other wise. She is a support worker caring for the disabled. Her Employer is currently very understaffed and has been advertising for workers for at least 8 months. They advertise on trade me, seek and in the local paper. They also have their details singed up to wingz but they rarely get sent any workers and if they do they're no good. According to immigration there are people who can do the job or be trained to do the job in the hawks bay area but in almost the year my girlfriend has been working there they haven't had any one prepared to do the work required.

Can anyone think of any other ways to prove she is not taking a job from a kiwi?
we had the same, moved to Tauranga in 07 came back end of 07 as could not sell house, had a job offer from same company for two years running, they advertised for over six months no one replied, when we tried immigration said there is some one here who can do your job , two this day they have still not took any one on that's after three years, funny thing is they are crying out for my trade in Christchurch, I could get a job there tomorrow but don't want to live there, so after immigration saying they wanted more info , but would not say what info, we decided to stay in the uk and just go back as and when we could afford two, but keep trying never say never
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

My employer wrote me a statement and provided evidence of all the previous advertisement campaigns and that was sufficient.