Reload this Page >

Holiday Visa with no ongoing flight

Holiday Visa with no ongoing flight

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

shuvit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Holiday Visa with no ongoing flight

Yes flying economy with Etihad
It is 23kg allowance, have had difficulty and a twitter 'to do' with them regarding purchasing additional luggage allowance, (they advertise a 20% discount to pre purchase additional luggage) but as Air NZ are part operating the SYD to WLG part of the flight, etihad can't provide charges for this, thus no discount - so I have estimated a charge of £440 for an additional 23kg for myself and for my 7yr old son - still works out cheaper than Emirates, so can't complain

My husband got stung by emirates and had to juggle weight of suitcase and carry on, think he wore 2 jackets going through airport security lol

Thanks all again for advice
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 5:50 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shuvit

My husband got stung by emirates and had to juggle weight of suitcase and carry on, think he wore 2 jackets going through airport security lol
OMG you should of seen what we wore on our journey over. MrF bought trousers with loads of pockets in for him and youngest, we all had two coats with loads of pockets, wore jumpers with pockets etc you get the ides.
The constant having to unload at the xray machine took ages but got through the Wii minus balance board - we're not the desperate - hard drives for his computers, and various other "we can't go a day without" type items
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
OMG you should of seen what we wore on our journey over. MrF bought trousers with loads of pockets in for him and youngest, we all had two coats with loads of pockets, wore jumpers with pockets etc you get the ides.
The constant having to unload at the xray machine took ages but got through the Wii minus balance board - we're not the desperate - hard drives for his computers, and various other "we can't go a day without" type items

Haha, the things we do
I dread to think what I will have my 4, 5 and 7yr old wearing to save the weight in the suitcases
20 days and counting to get the suitcases at the optimum weight 😨
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shuvit
Yes flying economy with Etihad
It is 23kg allowance, have had difficulty and a twitter 'to do' with them regarding purchasing additional luggage allowance, (they advertise a 20% discount to pre purchase additional luggage) but as Air NZ are part operating the SYD to WLG part of the flight, etihad can't provide charges for this, thus no discount - so I have estimated a charge of £440 for an additional 23kg for myself and for my 7yr old son - still works out cheaper than Emirates, so can't complain

Thanks all again for advice
ah well might have been marginally cheaper with the classic economy fare which includes 2x23kg each. Depends of course on availability time of year.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PB65
ah well might have been marginally cheaper with the classic economy fare which includes 2x23kg each. Depends of course on availability time of year.
Yes, it was only marginally cheaper at the time of booking!!