Holiday help

Old Jul 18th 2015, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Holiday help

Hi,
So Im trying to work out a holiday for two for next March. I was thinking Auckland to Dunedin, preferably not flying but could do one way.
I had a brief look at the trains and its expensive.
Any ideas, from say Picton to the bottom of the south island so maybe they could go to The sounds.
Preferably not much driving.
Any ideas, greatly received, probably over a two week period.
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 18th 2015, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

karen87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Holiday help

Many people use the InterCity buses to get around, and the buses seem to run with regular frequency and are quite reasonably priced, at least compared to trains.

Sounds like a great trip you've got planned!

InterCity® // Bus Tickets From $1 // NZ’s National Network
Old Jul 19th 2015, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karen87
Many people use the InterCity buses to get around, and the buses seem to run with regular frequency and are quite reasonably priced, at least compared to trains.

Sounds like a great trip you've got planned!

InterCity® // Bus Tickets From $1 // NZ’s National Network
Thank you, I had thought of the bus, was thinking maybe something nicer. Its actually a gift.
Old Jul 19th 2015, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond reputeTom H has a reputation beyond repute

Hire a camper van - a mini one if its just two, not one of those great big ones

Then from the Sounds and Picton, drive west to Abel Tasman. Then drive down the stunning west coast, exploring the Punakiki Rocks, wild west Hokitika - before heading inland to Haast. Then down to Wanaka, Queenstown (perhaps head to Milford Sound) and then go to Dunedin that way

The West Coast of the South Island is one of the most beautiful drives going in the world. I can say that without putting my 'Everything is great about NZ' hat on.