Reload this Page >

Help & Advice if possible

Help & Advice if possible

Old Jul 21st 2014, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

rlrobinson1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help & Advice if possible

Good evening ladies and gents,

I've just joined this forum in search of a few questions answered and/or guidance.

I'm at a stage in my life where i feel i need to make a dramatic change, break out of the UK and explore the world.

I traveled last year for 6 months, venturing around usa, canada, china, singapore, nz and australia.

i'm a 24 year old male - at the minute i currently work in a road marking company in the UK, and have for the last 6 years, i'm currently running as a contracts manager, managing clients and operations, yet i have no degree level qualifications

i'm keen for a career change, to something like engineering, but i have no idea on how to get myself out there?

i'm open to emigrating to NZ.

thanks,

Sorry if this isn't the correct section to post this?

ryan

Last edited by rlrobinson1989; Jul 21st 2014 at 6:36 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2014, 7:14 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help & Advice if possible

Hello and welcome!

The main way to emigrate to NZ is to have skills that immigration want. Most visas require a job offer in advance which can be difficult to come by from overseas. The only one that doesn't require a job offer is the Skilled Migrant Category which is points based: however many people need a job offer to get enough points to be successful.

Do you have any quals, not including GCSEs and A levels?

To do something like engineering you're going to have to start a degree course. Is that something you'd be willing to do in the UK or are you considering doing it in NZ? I don't know a lot about what is entailed in studying in NZ.

Have you looked at the Working Holiday Visa? The visa is for 12 or 23 months and allows you to do temporary work in NZ. If you get a more permanent job offer then you apply for the relevant visa [which may or may not be easy depending on the job] It is easier to get a permanent job if you're actually in NZ [in general anyway!] You're under 30 so it's a good option to get you into NZ.

The main NZ immigration site: Immigration New Zealand | Official Government website
Old Jul 21st 2014, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

rlrobinson1989 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the advice, thats definitely somewhere to start.

i'll have a look into that,

ryan
Old Jul 21st 2014, 7:50 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Just realised something in my post isn't that clear. When I said that the only one that doesn't require a job offer is the SMC, I was referring to the job/work based temporary or permanent visas,

The Working Holiday Visa does not require a job offer!

Nor do the partnership visas
Old Jul 21st 2014, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

I would take a look at the Accredited Employers list and see what companies there fit with your work background and may have a role for you, it would make life a lot easier.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 8:57 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ryan, welcome to the NZ section of BE You are in the fortunate position of being able to take advantage of the working holiday visa mentioned above, so if you cannot get a job from the UK, at least you can save some pennies and come over here and see where it all takes you! How exciting