Heading south

Old Apr 23rd 2016, 11:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heading south

Awesome. Enjoy!
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol
Short update to this thread

Things moved a little faster than we thought they would
We went down to Otago for a look around at the end of march, We were there for a few days
and drove all over the place, we booked in some house viewings to see what was on offer.
We decided that, as nice as it was, we didnt want to live in Dunedin itself, so we head off to Mosgiel.
Its a nice enough place but it wasnt worth moving for. Next we looked at one or two beach front places
which were nice but not for us.
We carried on out to Milton and Mrs Justcol didn't like the feel of the place so It was pointless me even trying
to convince her, so we turned right, and headed up to the small town of Lawrence. We had a drive around the place,
which didnt take long, there's only 450 people live there, spotted a house, called the agent, had a coffee,
viewed it, bought it

At that point we hadnt even started to apply for transfers or look for jobs. Our current place still needed
a fair bit doing to get it ready to sell, so on arriving home, I picked up a paint brush and roller and didnt
put them down again for two weeks.

We listed our place on a wed, had an open home on the sunday and sold it with multiple offers on the following Tuesday
for over $200k more than we were expecting. 4 of the 5 offers were from jaffas who were moving out.

My work transfer is now agreed, the wife has applied for some posts which seem favourable and we move in 4 weeks time

We've bought a similar, but, bigger, nicer, home, with half an acre of garden for less than half of what we sold ours for.
We are moving to a lovely town with a close community set in amongst the most beautiful surroundings,
and best of all, we will now be completely mortgage free
Fantastic news! Jeez just taking my beer further away though!!! Hope the move goes smoothly :-)
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 11:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Otago is stunning. I feel a little guilty that I think it is more stunning than Canterbury but I do. I hope you will both have an awesome time.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 3:08 am
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Result! Well done! We've just arrived back after doing the Otago Rail Trail. Make sure you do a little or if not all of the trail, it's fantastic. The name Lawrence rang a bell for me and just looking it up on google maps we stopped for a coffee there on our way down to the Catlins. Cute place with, what looks to be, everything you would need close-by. The best bit though is that you'll be within easy reach of some of NZ's finest scenery - Queenstown, Wanaka, Te Anau, Stuart Island, Catlins, Gore (lol, I joke). Enjoy!
Old Apr 24th 2016, 5:04 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Wowsers, well done JusCol - mortgage free should take the edge of the homesickness for Blighty! Good luck with the shift down south; look forward to your updates.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
should take the edge of the homesickness for Blighty!
Done a lot of thinking and a lot of talking with my boys, I'm fine now, it's passed
Old Apr 24th 2016, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Pigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud ofPigdog has much to be proud of

How fab, lets us know if you need somewhere to crash before you get into house. You won't regret the move, we love it here. See you soon.
Old Apr 25th 2016, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one JustCol, hope all goes well and that you will be happy in your new home.
Old Apr 28th 2016, 1:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Well now young man, you don't let the grass grow under your feet. Good luck with your move. I dream of being mortgage free!
Old Apr 28th 2016, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Axcell family is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow - many congrats JustCol..was hoping I might bump into a firendly face when I arrive in 5 weeks time...looks like I will be too late :-)

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together..it was obviously meant to be!!
Old Apr 29th 2016, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Well now young man, you don't let the grass grow under your feet. Good luck with your move. I dream of being mortgage free!
Why not come and try it, look what you could buy little more than chip money
ARE YOU DREAMING THE DREAM? | Trade Me Property
Old Apr 29th 2016, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Axcell family
Wow - many congrats JustCol..was hoping I might bump into a firendly face when I arrive in 5 weeks time...looks like I will be too late :-)

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together..it was obviously meant to be!!

Cambridge is an awesome little town, you'll find plenty of friendly faces