On-going Saga

Old Jan 29th 2015, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Default On-going Saga

I have been "offered" a job but not yet (after several days) received any details about pay & salary etc. Is this common amongst smaller companies in New Zealand?
Old Jan 29th 2015, 9:42 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: On-going Saga

Tell them you've not received your contract yet? Strange you've not entered salary negotiations before they make you a formal offer.

I used to have a friend who used to ask "...before we interview, and I only ask as this could save us a lot of time later, what salary are you offering for this position?" Cheeky but a fair point I suppose.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 7:38 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On-going Saga

Have PM'd you SJ
Old Jan 29th 2015, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Jones has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Have PM'd you SJ
Replied.
Thanks
Old Jan 29th 2015, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Tell them you've not received your contract yet? Strange you've not entered salary negotiations before they make you a formal offer.

I used to have a friend who used to ask "...before we interview, and I only ask as this could save us a lot of time later, what salary are you offering for this position?" Cheeky but a fair point I suppose.

To be fair, at the initial interview we discussed the minimum I was looking for but I have yet to receive anything in writing to confirm what they are actually offering.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

NooZeeCalling is an unknown quantity at this point

In our experience, NZ employers can take quite a bit of time to get round to these matters, for example my OH had first interview in mid-November, a second interview in mid-December, was offered the job on 21st January and they only discussed salary when the job was offered (though the previous salary had been mentioned). Since 21st January still waiting for the contract to come through...
Old Jan 30th 2015, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Let it be an early warning and good introduction to the she'll be right lackadaisical approach to business transactions that you can expect in Nu Zulland.

It's really not funny when you're on the receiving end of the slack attitude and wanting to make progress / get on with your life.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 9:37 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Let it be an early warning and good introduction to the she'll be right lackadaisical approach to business transactions that you can expect in Nu Zulland.

It's really not funny when you're on the receiving end of the slack attitude and wanting to make progress / get on with your life.
Agree totally with that, still awaiting confirmation of my resignation that I gave in 19th Dec with a VM message ad confirmation email and another colleague who gave hers in on the 12th Dec, resignation period already passed and they have already employed someone else. Totally disrespectful if you ask me.
Old Jan 30th 2015, 9:54 pm
She'll be right

Pom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond reputePom_Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I can offer a glimmer of hope - my partner had a Skype interview whilst in UK mid Dec and he had started work by end of Jan in NZ. Pretty good considering it's supposed to be holiday time with not much happening. Totally depends on the company in question and how urgent they are for you to start. Despite popular belief there are efficient and well run companies out here!

Good luck and Stephen!
Old Jan 30th 2015, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Seems the colours already are pinned to the mast in Stephen's case, so he will know already and heed warning that he is not dealing with an efficient and well run company.
Old Jan 31st 2015, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Seems the colours already are pinned to the mast in Stephen's case, so he will know already and heed warning that he is not dealing with an efficient and well run company.
Hi Bo...Mrs Jones and I are starting to believe your view is correct.
Old Jan 31st 2015, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Maybe I can offer a glimmer of hope - my partner had a Skype interview whilst in UK mid Dec and he had started work by end of Jan in NZ. Pretty good considering it's supposed to be holiday time with not much happening. Totally depends on the company in question and how urgent they are for you to start. Despite popular belief there are efficient and well run companies out here!

Good luck and Stephen!

Thank you for the good wishes.

Stephen
Old Feb 19th 2015, 11:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: On-going Saga - an update

All,

The latest news is that I received a formal offer.
Unfortunately it came in below the salary level we had verbally discussed several months ago.

As a result, despite it being a step-up in terms of status, I've had to turn it down as I would be a great deal worse-off financially.

I'm beginning to think that NZ doesn't want me!

Steve
Old Feb 20th 2015, 1:39 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
All,

The latest news is that I received a formal offer.
Unfortunately it came in below the salary level we had verbally discussed several months ago.

As a result, despite it being a step-up in terms of status, I've had to turn it down as I would be a great deal worse-off financially.

I'm beginning to think that NZ doesn't want me! Steve

Aw Steve that's a kicker ! Sorry this saga is turning into a debacle.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Stephen Jones
All,

I'm beginning to think that NZ doesn't want me!

Steve
I think that way and I live here !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.