Flights Help?

Old Jul 9th 2017, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Guernsey2612 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Flights Help?

Hi

We are moving to Whangarei in the next couple of months from UK.
My wife is a Nurse and is taking a fixed term maternity cover, in the hope of securing a full time role in NZ when there.

Is Air New Zealand a good one to fly with, or would you recommend other airlines? Also will we need to buy a Return Ticket or could we get away with a single to NZ

Thanks

Andy
Old Jul 9th 2017, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights Help?

Momondo.com is good for finding cheap flights also has a rating system....but I always look the airline up on trip advisor.As for return flights what visa are you going out there on as some have it as a requirement some don't
Old Jul 9th 2017, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

PB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond reputePB65 has a reputation beyond repute

If you did not already know be aware that you only get 23kg luggage allowance each with AirNZ unless travelling on a premium ticket whereas travelling east from Europe you generally get 30 kgs each. Also of course with AirNZ you have the 'pleasure' of passing through US immigration .
Old Jul 9th 2017, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,
Thanks for replying,

My wife is coming out on an Essential Skills visa, hoping to gain full time at Whangarei Hospital and change that to Residence within the 6 months.

Any help and advice all welcomed.

Andy
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you for your response.
So US Customs is an issue? We have never been there.

All help and advice greatly appreciated.

Andy
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guernsey2612
Hi,
Thanks for replying,

My wife is coming out on an Essential Skills visa, hoping to gain full time at Whangarei Hospital and change that to Residence within the 6 months.

Any help and advice all welcomed.

Andy
Shouldn't need a return flight booking then unless your going out on a visitors visa. Loads of advice and people in the know in the forum...no question too daft
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you Inkedneonurse.

We are apprehensive in case she does not get offered a full time role...

When are you going out and where are you going?

Andy
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Inkedneonurse.

We are apprehensive in case she does not get offered a full time role...

When are you going out and where are you going?

Andy
If you aren't apprehensive you don't want it enough lol.

My visa paperwork is currently in the hands of the suits in Auckland..I do have a provisional start date of 23 Oct but we shall see this part is a waiting game. What's your Mrs trade? We are going to Hamilton I will be working in Waikato Hospital
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
If you aren't apprehensive you don't want it enough lol.

My visa paperwork is currently in the hands of the suits in Auckland..I do have a provisional start date of 23 Oct but we shall see this part is a waiting game. What's your Mrs trade? We are going to Hamilton I will be working in Waikato Hospital
Hiya

My Mrs is a Registered nurse and has been offered maternity cover at Ward 14 Whangarei Hospital, taking my 16 year old daughter, who does not want to come, and myself, I work for the Red Cross as a First Aid and Resus Trainer.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya

My Mrs is a Registered nurse and has been offered maternity cover at Ward 14 Whangarei Hospital, taking my 16 year old daughter, who does not want to come, and myself, I work for the Red Cross as a First Aid and Resus Trainer.
Shouldn't have to
Much problem getting a full time job as a Nurse to be honest. My 14 year old boy is the same but that's teenagers for you. I'd get cracking with the skills migrant visa quick as if you know when the maternity cover is coming to an end nothing stopping your mrs applying for jobs elsewhere
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Shouldn't have to
Much problem getting a full time job as a Nurse to be honest. My 14 year old boy is the same but that's teenagers for you. I'd get cracking with the skills migrant visa quick as if you know when the maternity cover is coming to an end nothing stopping your mrs applying for jobs elsewhere
The hospital have emailed her and assured her that their will be full time opportunities coming up and not to worry, but being human, always will lol...
So have you been to NZ before?
Hope you do not mind me asking questions...
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

The hospital have emailed her and assured her that their will be full time opportunities coming up and not to worry, but being human, always will lol...
So have you been to NZ before?
Hope you do not mind me asking questions...
Yeah my mother in law lives over there (the only problem with going over ), No bother better to go into this with your eyes wide open
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah my mother in law lives over there (the only problem with going over ), No bother better to go into this with your eyes wide open
Lol...

We are hopefully going in with eyes open... We are struggling with what to pack in the container lol... and what to buy when out there... Crikey we have so many questions lol

What is Hamilton like?
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lol...

We are hopefully going in with eyes open... We are struggling with what to pack in the container lol... and what to buy when out there... Crikey we have so many questions lol

What is Hamilton like?
I enjoy it, I'm sure everyone has their own opinions and not sure if we wil stay but as a starting place it's good. Well we have removals guys coming over for quotes week after next, there is a specific removals forum in the main menu and I've asked in a few threads on here.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

I enjoy it, I'm sure everyone has their own opinions and not sure if we wil stay but as a starting place it's good. Well we have removals guys coming over for quotes week after next, there is a specific removals forum in the main menu and I've asked in a few threads on here.
Thanks again... We have had a really good quote from Anglo Pacific...
Going to buy new items to bring out like washing machines etc...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.