Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Flights For a Fortune

Flights For a Fortune

Old Dec 21st 2013, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Engel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really nice
Default Flights For a Fortune

When I first flew out to NZ in May 2013, I booked a return flight for £1100. Now I am stuggling to get a single for that price.

I will probably fly with Emirates again. The flight centre in Auckland found me a single for $1600. Now I am in the UK the flight centre are suggesting a £1510 return with a £300 cost to change to return date from November to December next year. Since, no one appears able to book a return flight that far in advance.

I found a a cheap flight with China Airlines. Has anyone used them?
Does anyone make regular/annual flights between NZ and UK? What do you do?
Old Dec 21st 2013, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Purrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond reputePurrball has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights For a Fortune

What do I do? This.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

autawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the roughautawa is a jewel in the rough

Try Etihad, I flew with them in August, they were the cheapest by far when I booked,
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Engel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really niceEngel is just really nice

There does not appear a way round it, it comes down to the day you book and travel. The prices change each day, but Netflights and Flight Centre are the most useful to talk to.

Some websites have prices for dates that are just not available. One I changed the date several times and got exactly the same prices, only to find out the site was not a live site. The sales rep admitted it.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

I recently flew back to the UK and came back etc.

I got my return with Emirates for around $1600 (800ish quid)

You just get used to being ripped off with stuff like that in NZ.

I was very fortunately to have initially gotten a 1-way from AKL to LonHROW for around $1050.
Old Dec 22nd 2013, 11:25 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by davros1984
I recently flew back to the UK and came back etc.

I got my return with Emirates for around $1600 (800ish quid)

You just get used to being ripped off with stuff like that in NZ.

I was very fortunately to have initially gotten a 1-way from AKL to LonHROW for around $1050.
That is a really good price against some of the air fare costs.

good one !
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

marooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud of

Hi - I have recently flown with China Southern -good seat sizes, good service - food quite chinese ( a bonus or negative depending on your POV) and no individual choice of DVD - they put us up for a night in ghuangzhou which made a nice break; also with China air - same re food - something very spicy and eggy for breakfast - strange but good - good seats, good choice of dvds, great service. would use both again, and both were the cheapest at the time.