Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Finding a real estate agent?

Finding a real estate agent?

Old Feb 24th 2017, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Finding a real estate agent?

Originally Posted by Genesis
Alas we never really hear about good realtors...
Not true because I have already posted about my good experience with NZ real estate agents.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoCarb
Not true because I have already posted about my good experience with NZ real estate agents.
I know you did! But generally human nature is to only talk about the bad cops rather than a good one, when you actually do come across one who is not a complete turnip!!!!
Old Feb 24th 2017, 7:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

I know you did! But generally human nature is to only talk about the bad cops rather than a good one, when you actually do come across one who is not a complete turnip!!!!
What's wrong with Turnips

My issue with real estates is on the term professional. Which to me means a higher level of ethical standard, which is lost on the real estate industry. Simple test is putting the interest of the public first - show me examples of where this has happened?

What are they doing with P problems
What did they do in answer to the governments lying about the impact of foreign buyers? No impact yet they focused a considerable amount of resource to Mainland China, Hong Kong and Singapore marketing.
People sleeping in cars and on streets?

In all they are just sales people after a quick buck

You can hire people to negotiate and they can justify a commission based fee. I cant link a 25 year old selling a $3 million house when they pretty much let the market provide the negotiation.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Bumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really niceBumptious is just really nice

They are just sales people at the end of the day. Our house in Auckland sold itself, the salesperson had very little to do with it. We had an open home and a Chinese family wanted it for the price we were asking. Sold in one day. That was 13 years ago. We didn't have the confidence to sell it ourselves or want the stress, in retrospect we should've done. I think there are some very honest ethical agents out there. When we moved to our current location one in particular stands out for helping us find a house, she worked really hard. We were cash buyers and could move in straight away. However we ended up finding our current house ourselves.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 9:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stuck in Auckland
What's wrong with Turnips

My issue with real estates is on the term professional. Which to me means a higher level of ethical standard, which is lost on the real estate industry. Simple test is putting the interest of the public first - show me examples of where this has happened?

What are they doing with P problems
What did they do in answer to the governments lying about the impact of foreign buyers? No impact yet they focused a considerable amount of resource to Mainland China, Hong Kong and Singapore marketing.
People sleeping in cars and on streets?

In all they are just sales people after a quick buck

You can hire people to negotiate and they can justify a commission based fee. I cant link a 25 year old selling a $3 million house when they pretty much let the market provide the negotiation.
AND look at all of them that have been found guilty of that 'price fixing' or whatever it was...loads of them. They should be utterly ashamed of themselves!As if the greedy so snd sos do not make enough money!!!
Old Feb 24th 2017, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond reputeKiwikaye has a reputation beyond repute

If that's all you're looking at getting for the properties, I agree with the poster who said go with TradeMe. When we bought in Chch some years ago, we wanted to rent the house out for 6 months before getting some work done on it. I bought in an agent who said we could get $290 a week, and wanted 8% of that weekly rate, as well as a letting fee, inspection fees and fees for any repairs. I stuck it on trade me at $345 a week, said we would allow pets, and had it rented 12 hours later to a lovely couple who became friends.

I was actually working for an estate agent at the time too, but we didn't do rentals.
Old Feb 26th 2017, 12:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Come on people, have you no heart?

You gotta feel for this poor real estate agent doing the hard yards and suffering such "extreme hardship" to keep his show on the road.

Real estate agent claims losing his Aston Martin would cause extreme hardship
Old Feb 26th 2017, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

You gotta feel for this poor real estate agent doing the hard yards and suffering such "extreme hardship" to keep his show on the road.

Just another lying realtor. Look at the complete bollocks below. This bloke is SO far up his own arse!!!

Qoute............He estimated it would cost a weekly $4,785 – at $55 an hour, 14.5 hours a day, six days a week - just to hire a driver. unquote.

What a horrible, irresponsible, nasty, selfish, self obsessed little man. Drunk, speeding and he moans about a 6 week ban???? WTF. I would ban him minimum 1 year. And demand a re test.

The TWAT should have thought about the outcome before he drunk, then drove then exceeded the speed limit!! If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. As they say.

What an odious MORON!!!!!!!
Old Feb 26th 2017, 2:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles

An elite jack arse
Old Feb 27th 2017, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

The TWAT should have thought about the outcome before he drunk, then drove then exceeded the speed limit!! If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. As they say.
I agree with the heavy punishments for drink driving, but I don't think his claims are that bad - the reality is he (and many other 'rich' people) spend or commit their earnings proportionately. And there does seem to be a grey area over his brand - a mix of his business and personal interests.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sr71
I agree with the heavy punishments for drink driving, but I don't think his claims are that bad - the reality is he (and many other 'rich' people) spend or commit their earnings proportionately. And there does seem to be a grey area over his brand - a mix of his business and personal interests.
My argument would be if a factory worker loses their license they end up on public transport or ride a push bike

Many a salesmen has lost their job when they loose the ability to fulfill their travel obligations.

Drink driving should be harsh, its not a parking infringement
Old Feb 27th 2017, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

jayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond reputejayandbill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
You can always just go and ask other agencies what they would want as commission and then bounce them off each other. More and more agencies are doing fixes prices, on housing, but then it can depend on where you are.

are you sure that 10K is a good price for the sections??
Our sale in April 2016 cost us $10,000 and that was a fixed price on a property that sold for $470k. That agent's fixed price is now 15,000 add to that solicitors fees 3.5k. 4% is fairly normal and when we sold in 2014 it cost 17000k + solicitors fees. Scary stuff.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Auckland real estate agent fined $2000 for leaving open-home viewers to lock up - Business - NZ Herald News

Auckland agent fined $6000 for falsifying rent appraisal document - Business - NZ Herald News

Agent stripped of licence for selling house twice in same day - Business - NZ Herald News

On and on
Old Mar 1st 2017, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

I have no idea why humans keep using these so called 'professionals'. Professionals my arse!!! I DO understand there are some honest and reasonable ones. I have just never come across any. And I do think the latter are very much in the minority.
Old Apr 16th 2017, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

LoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of lightLoCarb is a glorious beacon of light

See what happens when you don't use an agent

At least get some appraisals done first!

"Millar said she and her husband felt like "suckers" and in hindsight wished they had used a real estate agent."

Retired couple mortified after dream South Auckland home on-sold for extra $530k - National - NZ Herald News

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.