FaceTime / Skype ARGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Old Sep 18th 2014, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FaceTime / Skype ARGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Originally Posted by MrsGreen2013
Hi All

Please please please tell me someone else on here HATES facetime etc
I feel awful my parents love to facetime to keep in touch but I cannot stand it. I am sure it is completely psychological and I am probably over reacting however facetiming or skyping any more than one person is impossible for me I hate it.

I am really struggling with keeping in contact with family whilst being here, everyone seems to text to 'make an appointment' for a facetime or call - why cant people just pick up the old fashioned telephone and if I am there, I will answer, if not leave a message and I will call you back. If someone makes an appointment with me find myself dreading "having to call".

I have a "facetime" appointment tonight with my mum,dad,brother,sister-in-law and their new baby - all 4 are on holiday in Oz and want to facetime - I am coming out in hives just thinking about it - four faces staring at me through my computer eeerrgggghhhh !

Ok I am ranting like a lunatic but I did wonder if anyone else has a dislike for facetime/skype. I love normal spontaneous phone calls, I dont even mind a spontaneous facetime if it is 1-1 (not two parents starting at me down my phone talking over each other ...) and I love texts and emails.

I find having to keep in touch with people really hard since being here - all those family and friends who are expecting emails and phone calls/skypes from me..... who however, never randomly pick up the phone or email me 'just because'. I feel like if i didnt call/email - no one would bother with me... but still feel guilty if I dont.

Does anyone else find communication stressful since being here?

I hate it too but calling from country to country can be expensive (according to my family) so I use VIBER this is mobile to mobile, using internet therefore free. There is no camera, just good all fashion talking on the phone !

I hope this helps
Old Sep 20th 2014, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Skype I love it, mum you've had your hair done, looks nice, dad you're looking well, showing how the kids have grown, showing their artwork from school, showing the views from our house and the renovations we are doing......I could go on but none of the above can be done on a phone
Old Sep 20th 2014, 9:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Skype I love it, mum you've had your hair done, looks nice, dad you're looking well, showing how the kids have grown, showing their artwork from school, showing the views from our house and the renovations we are doing......I could go on but none of the above can be done on a phone
Old Sep 21st 2014, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Facetime used to be pay for view services
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Also, with a telephone conversation I tend to have the same conversation over and again with two or more people - which is pretty dull.
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Popawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel the same about Skype and FaceTime. It's awkward. It's unnatural.
.... but it's a reality of life if you have family you love all over the planet. I must say that the more you do it the easier it gets.

I've recently discovered that you can leave videos on Skype which I much prefer. Less awkward conversation. No tech issues. No appointment making/keeping... Yet you can see faces and places.