British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Example EWRB work experience reference letter (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/example-ewrb-work-experience-reference-letter-826938/)

pippalonghorn Feb 26th 2014 10:13 pm

Example EWRB work experience reference letter

Here is a copy of the letter my hubby sent in regarding his electrical work experience. He had no problems with this letter. :)

RE: ( your name )

Dear Sir/Madam

I am currently the Electrical Contracts Manager for ( company name ). I previously worked for ( company name ) where I was employed as Electrical Projects Engineer. I have therefore known (your name) in a personal and professional capacity throughout his employment within the two above companies.

Therefore I can certify that (your name) has:

Completed a minimum of 2000 hours of electrical wiring installation work between (the dates you have worked for that company).

Whilst working for (company name), (your name) was an electrician responsible for the periodic inspections of fire alarms and emergency lighting, within commercial premises. His duties also involved the connection and installation of electrical fittings and accessories and remedial works.

For (company name), (your name) was an electrician involved in the wiring of domestic and commercial premises. This included the fitting and installation of electrical distribution systems, single and 3 phase, the connection of accessories, lighting, main power and other electrical building services.

The above work was carried out to the highest standards and then was tested and certified by (your name) to prove it met the current standards of BS7671, 17th edition of the Electrical Wiring Regulations.

If I can assist you further please do not hesitate to contact me.

(signature)

Bozzy125 Feb 27th 2014 9:14 am

Re: Example EWRB work experience reference letter

Thankyou so much . I'll tell you how I get on in a few months :)

pippalonghorn Feb 27th 2014 6:16 pm

Youre welcome. Good luck. :D

dannypaula Jan 20th 2016 11:23 am

Hey, just reading through this thread, did the reference letter work okay? I am a self employed electrician for 10 years carrying out work for private customers which makes my "employer reference" more challenging.

BEVS Jan 25th 2016 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by dannypaula (Post 11843014)
Hey, just reading through this thread, did the reference letter work okay? I am a self employed electrician for 10 years carrying out work for private customers which makes my "employer reference" more challenging.

Yes. It worked fine for them.

They came. They lived in Auckland I believe and have since returned to the UK.

pippalonghorn Mar 13th 2016 12:22 pm

Hi there!

Yes the letter did work for us when moving to NZ. :thumbup: