Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Electronic security technician help !!

Electronic security technician help !!

Old Nov 24th 2017, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Gemmae31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Electronic security technician help !!

Originally Posted by Gemmae31
https://m.hays.net.nz/Job/Detail/security-technician-auckland-cbd-en-NZL_1894891?q=&applyId=JOB_913463&lang=en&lang=en& isSponsored=N

I think a few of them have been up with hays there is some in Christchurch to.

What would people say you would need as an income to live comfortabley. I no everyone’s idea is different but would like a rough idea
Sorry just a quick question hays recruitment is an agency ?? Does the company that holds the vacancy not have to be the accredited employer. Sorry to sound stupid just a little confused
Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:19 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

https://m.hays.net.nz/Job/Detail/security-technician-auckland-cbd-en-NZL_1894891?q=&applyId=JOB_913463&lang=en&lang=en& isSponsored=N

I think a few of them have been up with hays there is some in Christchurch to.

What would people say you would need as an income to live comfortabley. I no everyone’s idea is different but would like a rough idea
It is difficult to come up with a figure as we are all different in how we live, size of family, area we live (or wish to live) and things that we cannot live without.
Think since coming to NZ in 2012 I always said $100k a year gross combined salary to live in a city like Christchurch/Wellington and then reducing slightly for cities with less people/amenities and of course a slightly lower cost of living. Auckland I'd say at least $120k depending on size of family, maybe more now given that the average cost of a home in Auckland has tipped over $1M.
All very subjective of course and many families get by on a lot less.

Cost of Living here is at least 15% more than the UK since you have to pay GST on everything, but in reality I'd reckon overall it is more likely 20-25% more. We travelled back to the UK for a holiday towards the end of 2015 and found groceries and many other things so cheap that it caused me to think the cost of living in NZ has moved even more expensive.
Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry just a quick question hays recruitment is an agency ?? Does the company that holds the vacancy not have to be the accredited employer. Sorry to sound stupid just a little confused
Yes, Hays is a Global Recruitment Agency and it is on the list of accredited employers for NZ Immigration.
Not sure how it works for Hays and how they actually make their money. It's normally dependent on the type of job, permanent or temporary, contract or not etc. They may employ the person directly for the vacancy but then lease you out to fill that company vacancy for a fee or they may be paid a finders fee or an ongoing % of salary etc, or it could be a combination of these ?
Doesn't really matter so long as you get a skilled job offer and it gets you a visa but I understand what you mean and why you are questioning it.