Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

DOES NZ HAVE EBAY?

DOES NZ HAVE EBAY?

Old May 22nd 2011, 10:50 am
Nottingham

josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DOES NZ HAVE EBAY?

thanks moso really appreciate the advice mate honest, i am soooooooooo looking forward to the change but its a ittle scarry

i hate shopping for anything especially clothes thats why i use ebay
Old May 22nd 2011, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DOES NZ HAVE EBAY?????????

Originally Posted by MOSO
We received 2 sets of Amazon vouchers last Christmas and the people who sent them were amazed that (at that point) Amazon didn't deliver to NZ!! They now do some deliveries if you order enough and some people on ebay.co.uk will send here (I've ordered some 2nd hand educational books without problem).
Sorry to contradict you but we've been here over 4 years now & have had loads of stuff from Amazon. It's never been an issue as to how much/little we have ordered.
Old May 23rd 2011, 1:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by cappuccino
www.sella.co.nz is getting more popular especially as there are no selling fees involved.
Interesting. I'll give that a bit of a browse Capp.
Old May 23rd 2011, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Sorry to contradict you but we've been here over 4 years now & have had loads of stuff from Amazon. It's never been an issue as to how much/little we have ordered.
Okay, to be accurate you can order from Amazon.co.uk only if you're prepared to pay postage costs unless you order 25 pounds worth of books or DVDs http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...deId=200627060

My blissfully unaware friend in the UK sent over 2 paperback books for my daughter's birthday last month - she was charged 13 pounds in postage costs When I told her about book depository which includes delivery, she said she obviously hadn't realised and her thoughts were "I want to order a book over the internet, easy, use Amazon"

The point I was trying to make was, like my friend above, the likes of Amazon and Ebay are available to us in NZ mostly at a cost and shouldn't be taken for granted as they are in the UK. Not all ebayers will post to NZ and some will try and charge a fortune for doing so. Buyer beware and all that!

Last edited by MOSO; May 23rd 2011 at 2:10 am.
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:06 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, to be accurate you can order from Amazon.co.uk only if you're prepared to pay postage costs unless you order 25 pounds worth of books or DVDs http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cust...deId=200627060

My blissfully unaware friend in the UK sent over 2 paperback books for my daughter's birthday last month - she was charged 13 pounds in postage costs When I told her about book depository which includes delivery, she said she obviously hadn't realised and her thoughts were "I want to order a book over the internet, easy, use Amazon"

The point I was trying to make was, like my friend above, the likes of Amazon and Ebay are available to us in NZ mostly at a cost and shouldn't be taken for granted as they are in the UK. Not all ebayers will post to NZ and some will try and charge a fortune for doing so. Buyer beware and all that!
Fair enough, I take your point. Never have a problem spending GBP25!
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

If you want books from the UK but don't want to pay postage, try:

www.bookdepository.co.uk
Old May 23rd 2011, 4:52 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

The point I was trying to make is that what is available in NZ (ie here or available by post), is the reality, not whether eBay is "in" or "available" to NZ, just like any other user of the internet there is a global supply of stuff available, only logistical cost controls what you can access.
Old May 23rd 2011, 6:24 am
Nottingham

josephine123 is an unknown quantity at this point

thankyou everyone for the info, i can now rest easy as another question answered on here,

thanks guys
Old May 23rd 2011, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to allEx Aucklander is a name known to all

Originally Posted by josephine123
thankyou everyone for the info, i can now rest easy as another question answered on here,

thanks guys
I buy frequently off Ebay.co.uk & have had items posted to NZ & Cyprus & Spain no problems.

Good thing if buy UK brand clothing you will be dressed different to Kiwi's so nice not to be wearing the same dress as other gals at that special event.
Old May 24th 2011, 8:52 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't there a thread on here recently about customs wacking charges on imports from M&S, does the same apply to Ebay purchases?

I get all my clothes when I go to Sydney, makeup and smellies from Strawberrynet, books and stuff from Amazon/Depository. Touch wood never been charged any GST....yet.
Old May 24th 2011, 9:38 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
Wasn't there a thread on here recently about customs wacking charges on imports from M&S, does the same apply to Ebay purchases?
It applies to imports, Customs donĀ“t care how/where it was advertised or paid for, only the amount of GST and import duty collectable, if enough they collect it.
Old May 24th 2011, 9:57 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
I get all my clothes when I go to Sydney, makeup and smellies from Strawberrynet, books and stuff from Amazon/Depository. Touch wood never been charged any GST....yet.
Hope this doesn't offend but I always thought you were male.

Maybe you are and I'm obviously still pandering to gender stereotypes
Old May 24th 2011, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

IrishNeal is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just started using Amazon. I left a bit of cash in the UK (but shhhh 'cause the ex wife might find it!) and am busy buying all DVD's of UK TV programmes like Ashes To Ashes and Life On Mars!

I try to keep the postage costs down though otherwise it isn't worth it.

BTW Trade Me is OK but my God the prices for second hand stuff here is crazy
Old May 24th 2011, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Persephone

Me too!
Old May 25th 2011, 1:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Persephone

One of my late uncles was that way inclined. Only found out when I went to do the necessary after he had passed away. Was a bit sad really that he felt he needed to keep it hidden. I couldn't have given a monkey's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.