Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Do i need a visa to visit Australia if I hold a NZ permanent residency visa

Do i need a visa to visit Australia if I hold a NZ permanent residency visa

Old Feb 14th 2011, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Deepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really nice
Question Do i need a visa to visit Australia if I hold a NZ permanent residency visa

Can anybody help; do I need a visa for visits to Australia?
I hold a UK passport and I have been in New Zealand for 18 months on a permanent residency visa. I have just started a new job which will require me to visit Australia about 6 times a year for business meetings, probably for up to a week at a time.

Will I need to apply for a visa to enter Australia?
Will there be any repercussions with my NZ permanent residency visa leaving NZ so many times in a year?

Many Thanks

Mark
Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do i need a visa to visit Australia if I hold a NZ permanent residency visa

Originally Posted by Deepseamark
Can anybody help; do I need a visa for visits to Australia?
I hold a UK passport and I have been in New Zealand for 18 months on a permanent residency visa. I have just started a new job which will require me to visit Australia about 6 times a year for business meetings, probably for up to a week at a time.

Will I need to apply for a visa to enter Australia?
Will there be any repercussions with my NZ permanent residency visa leaving NZ so many times in a year?

Many Thanks

Mark
Hi Mark,

We visited OZ last year when we had PR and we still needed an evisitor visa. See link below and its FREE

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/visitors.htm

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do i need a visa to visit Australia if I hold a NZ permanent residency visa

OH's firm normally used to sort his visa out for him. He has a kiwi passport now so no longer a problem. Ask your HR department to sort it maybe.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:36 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

you do need a visa. It costs $30 and lasts 12 months. It won't have any effect on your residency status though.

They are easy to get at the airport. I have had it a couple of time when I have got to the check in desk and they have told me my visa has run out. They wait 5 mins while I run over to the info desk and by a new one - as it is an online update system.
Old Feb 15th 2011, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P18PPS
you do need a visa. It costs $30 and lasts 12 months. It won't have any effect on your residency status though.

They are easy to get at the airport. I have had it a couple of time when I have got to the check in desk and they have told me my visa has run out. They wait 5 mins while I run over to the info desk and by a new one - as it is an online update system.

My advice.... do it before you get to the airport !!!
There was no charge last July for visas for the 4 of us to go over to Oz. Easy to do on line.
Gill