Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Diploma nurse - applying for a permanent visa

Diploma nurse - applying for a permanent visa

Old Jul 18th 2017, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

hollynic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Diploma nurse - applying for a permanent visa

Hey 👋🏻 I'm a diploma nurse and work in the operating theatre. I also have a diploma in operating department practice (ODP) plus I have an hons in my mentorship. Today I started the process of moving my Husband and two daughters aged 4 & 2 to New Zealand. I will be blogging my progress through these threads and would love to hear hints and tips from others.

So today my first step was to book my ILETS test. I originally went straight for the visa application but quickly realised I needed to apply to the New Zealand nursing council first. Not much point applying for a visa without a guarantee I can work as a qualified nurse in the country. After then attempting to apply to the nursing council I quickly realised that they need confirmation of your English exam hence why my first step is the ILETS booking.

Anyone had any experience regarding the above process?

Holly
Old Jul 18th 2017, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Diploma nurse - applying for a permanent visa

Originally Posted by hollynic
Hey 👋🏻 I'm a diploma nurse and work in the operating theatre. I also have a diploma in operating department practice (ODP) plus I have an hons in my mentorship. Today I started the process of moving my Husband and two daughters aged 4 & 2 to New Zealand. I will be blogging my progress through these threads and would love to hear hints and tips from others.

So today my first step was to book my ILETS test. I originally went straight for the visa application but quickly realised I needed to apply to the New Zealand nursing council first. Not much point applying for a visa without a guarantee I can work as a qualified nurse in the country. After then attempting to apply to the nursing council I quickly realised that they need confirmation of your English exam hence why my first step is the ILETS booking.

Anyone had any experience regarding the above process?

Holly
Yep there is a few of us nurses on here happy to help

Last edited by inkedneonurse; Jul 18th 2017 at 4:04 pm.