Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Daft question ??????

Daft question ??????

Old Aug 19th 2008, 8:50 pm
** My Beautiful Angel **

mum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant future
Smile Daft question ??????

Hi all

This probably sound like a really daft question ..... but .....
MAF says everything that has been in touch with the ground needs to be cleaned, however did anyone take their buggy on the plane? What happens to it when you get to NZ, how do they regulate the cleaning of it then?
I said it was daft didn't i but can anyone fill me in please, as i need to take ours on the flight.
Thanks
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:36 pm
Short & Sweet

Spawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to all
Default Re: Daft question ??????

Hiya,

We travelled over for a month last year with buggy in tow. It wasn't given a second look at customs. Never even thought about it until i read your thread.

Dawn
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Smile Re: Daft question ??????

Originally Posted by mum-dad-3-little people
Hi all

MAF says everything that has been in touch with the ground needs to be cleaned, however did anyone take their buggy on the plane? What happens to it when you get to NZ, how do they regulate the cleaning of it then?
I said it was daft didn't i but can anyone fill me in please, as i need to take ours on the flight.
Thanks
Must admit when we went on our reccie the thought never occured to me we just handed it in last minute before we got on plane, it was handed back to us at stopover and again on reaching NZ. No-one at any time questioned it and how clean it was. Double buggy, handed down over many years (v old!) and has since been placed in the "great dustbin in the sky", NZ kinda killed it!

nic
Old Aug 20th 2008, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nic.gem.soph
Must admit when we went on our reccie the thought never occured to me we just handed it in last minute before we got on plane, it was handed back to us at stopover and again on reaching NZ. No-one at any time questioned it and how clean it was. Double buggy, handed down over many years (v old!) and has since been placed in the "great dustbin in the sky", NZ kinda killed it!

nic
You mean you've been here and didn't even pop in and say hello!!!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mum-dad-3-little people
Hi all

Thanks
That is a good question!!

When you think of all the gunk that a toddler squishes all over the place, buggies are probably little penicillin factories!!!! Better get the wet wipes out.................................... Lou x
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:53 pm
** My Beautiful Angel **

mum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant futuremum-dad-3-little people has a brilliant future

Ha ha your so right we go through tones of wipes, my daughter is so much messier than the boys ever were.
Hope that's not a sigh of things to come
Old Aug 21st 2008, 10:31 pm
Short & Sweet

Spawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to allSpawny67 is a name known to all

Hiya

Who ever lived without them. I can't remember a time when we didn't.

Dawn
Old Aug 24th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all
Post Re: Daft question ??????

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
You mean you've been here and didn't even pop in and say hello!!!
I did start a thread before we left (June) looking for places to go, maybe you were asleep that day
Must say we loved Welly, definitely change my mind about going to Auckland, also loving your Welly thread Simon.
Our two weeks out there wasn't long enough, now just got to keep fingers crossed for NZQA to sort themselves out!

nic