Currency

Old Jul 24th 2015, 7:17 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currency

Originally Posted by Tom H
But Bo, Chocolate - don't you know we've got a 'rock star' economy
To bad the rock stars are Mick Jagger and Keef Richards ! Neither of them known to be prudent Chancellors of the Exchequer or Minister of Finance.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 7:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

You know what happens to rock stars ....after enjoying international success they fall victim to the downside of constant pressure and scrutiny and are forced down a spiral of self-loathing, drug addiction and alcohol; they lose a vast amount of weight and the cracks start to show - friends and family rally round and try to get them into rehab but things go from bad to worse - there's talk of divorce and further displays of bad behavior. There's an assault in a bar and the police get involved again; swiftly followed by a further stint in rehab before a new GF or BF appears on the scene. Before you know that's all gone horribly wrong and they're back off the rails, behaving badly, consuming lethal quantities of drugs and alcohol again. From there on it generally doesn't end well; there's no hope either there's a prison sentence or someone ends up dead in a hotel room.

Former AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd arrested again in New Zealand
Old Jul 24th 2015, 10:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
You know what happens to rock stars ....after enjoying international success they fall victim to the downside of constant pressure and scrutiny and are forced down a spiral of self-loathing, drug addiction and alcohol; they lose a vast amount of weight and the cracks start to show - friends and family rally round and try to get them into rehab but things go from bad to worse - there's talk of divorce and further displays of bad behavior. There's an assault in a bar and the police get involved again; swiftly followed by a further stint in rehab before a new GF or BF appears on the scene. Before you know that's all gone horribly wrong and they're back off the rails, behaving badly, consuming lethal quantities of drugs and alcohol again. From there on it generally doesn't end well; there's no hope either there's a prison sentence or someone ends up dead in a hotel room.

Former AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd arrested again in New Zealand
Spot on BJ.
Old Jul 26th 2015, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

LauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond reputeLauraNotts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppy10
Haven't you got that the wrong way round? If you are earning in NZD and owe money in GBP then you are protected from the recent plummeting value of the NZD by the fact that the exchange rate was fixed back in April when the rate was higher.

So if you have to pay £125 each month, at an exchange rate of $1=£0.50 you have to pay them $250 each month. But now that $1=£0.42, you would have had to pay $297 if the exchange rate was floating. As it is fixed at 0.5 the amount you have to pay should not be changing
No, the amount I have to pay is fixed at £127 - in pounds not dollars and was calculated based on the exchange rate in April and does not change at all to take into account recent drops. So the fact the dollar is going south means I have to pay more and more.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 7:12 am
NZ resident since 2003

Stgeorge6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Graeme Wheeler’s speech will be decisive for the New Zealand Dollar as the central banker may indicate whether further interest rate adjustments are on the horizon. If Wheeler implies that the bank is finished with its easing cycle for now, the ‘Kiwi’ will climb. However, any hints of another rate cut taking place this year would be ‘Kiwi’ negative.

Big speech Wednesday as GBP trades lower in its new rang.
Old Jul 28th 2015, 10:03 pm
NZ resident since 2003

Stgeorge6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr Wheeler said that, despite recent declines, the exchange rate remains above the level consistent with current economic conditions.

“At current levels of export prices, a more substantial exchange rate depreciation will be required to stabilise the net external liabilities position relative to GDP.”
speech out RBNZ sending clear message if you looking to buy Pounds I personally would not leave it long.

Mr Wheeler added that there is potential for further downward pressure on global dairy prices. “Also, over coming months, the Federal Reserve and the Bank of England are likely to begin the process of normalising their interest rates, which could assist our currency lower.”

Turning to interest rates, Mr Wheeler said that current monetary policy settings are providing stimulus to the economy at a time when output looks to be growing around 2.5 percent, slightly below potential, and core inflation remains a bit below the mid-point.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

sazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to behold

Hi All/Administrators

This is nothing personal to anyone on this thread but is there anyway of unsubscribing to the thread? or at least the notification emails?

I'll be honest every time I see the word currency in my inbox I want to cry.

Thanks all
Old Jul 29th 2015, 10:05 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sazzle1979
Hi All/Administrators

This is nothing personal to anyone on this thread but is there anyway of unsubscribing to the thread? or at least the notification emails?

I'll be honest every time I see the word currency in my inbox I want to cry.

Thanks all
If you click on My Profile in the orange bar at the top and select List Subscriptions on the left, you get a list of thread that you are subscribed to. You can delete them from there (click in the box at the end of the line, scroll down and select delete from the drop down and then Go).
Old Jul 29th 2015, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

sazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to beholdsazzle1979 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jmh
If you click on My Profile in the orange bar at the top and select List Subscriptions on the left, you get a list of thread that you are subscribed to. You can delete them from there (click in the box at the end of the line, scroll down and select delete from the drop down and then Go).
Thank you