Currency

Old May 21st 2015, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Currency

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/nzd

The GBP has been forecast to potentially go to 2.44
Old May 21st 2015, 4:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Currency

Hello my lovely .

Hope you are keeping well.
Old May 21st 2015, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Hello my lovely .

Hope you are keeping well.
Thank you my Dear..PM sent! XX
Old May 21st 2015, 5:23 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/nzd

The GBP has been forecast to potentially go to 2.44
That's better than the 2.11 it was when we came to NZ in 2011.

Haven't heard from you for ages, but it's the subject of the exchange rate that brings you back, regular as clockwork !
Old May 21st 2015, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
That's better than the 2.11 it was when we came to NZ in 2011.

Haven't heard from you for ages, but it's the subject of the exchange rate that brings you back, regular as clockwork !
The clock stopped for 2 years though! There's lots more to talk about but I was totally unaware of the huge change in the fortunes of the GBP..just found out by accident. No that it matters to me..all my UK money has been long ago spent, just thought that others might be interested. I now live very happily and simply in a small house with a big bike and I look forward to being a very aged student next year..the twists and turns of a decade in NZ!!!!
Old May 21st 2015, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see you back here!
Old May 21st 2015, 3:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm reading this right this is potentially good news for those moving to NZ and really c*** news for those moving from NZ to UK?
Old May 21st 2015, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond reputeRobbo25 has a reputation beyond repute

Really good to see you back here!!
Old May 21st 2015, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
If I'm reading this right this is potentially good news for those moving to NZ and really c*** news for those moving from NZ to UK?
Indeed. The dollar is 2.13 today....not good if you are selling your kiwis..bloody wonderful if you are just moving over. It was about $1.94 a few weeks ago..this is a huge swing and lots of pundits reckon the days of an overpriced kiwi buck are over. The value of the pound has been tipped to race ahead agin the kiwi. GB is looking at interest rate hikes in the not too distant future and NZ PLC does not look very flash at present. Thank you for those who have welcomed me back. One Bank of America expert has said time to cut your losses if you want to sell your kiwi..get rid of them now they say as the forecast is bleak for the value of the kiwi. Mind you look at Michael Fish in 1987 when he told us not to worry about the weather over night and the UK was hit by the worst storm in eons. Even experts get it wrong.

Last edited by Genesis; May 21st 2015 at 11:07 pm.
Old May 21st 2015, 11:32 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Genesis
What you planning on studying then? I looked at my student loan balance recently and felt sick ... other than that (and for a few weeks before big deadlines), I completely recommend the life of a mature student
Old May 22nd 2015, 2:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Hello Genesis
What you planning on studying then? I looked at my student loan balance recently and felt sick ... other than that (and for a few weeks before big deadlines), I completely recommend the life of a mature student
Thanks BB..slightly off topic but I am sure the mods will be cool about it. 4 years full time Furniture Design and Furniture Making. A mate has done it and said its an incredible course. Parker Knoll and Danske Immobler look out!!!
Old May 22nd 2015, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Gobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond reputeGobobo has a reputation beyond repute

"The rate goes up and it comes down again, and there's nothing any of us can do about it."

Well, there is. You can lock in a rate if it looks good, to use for a specific amount in the future.
Old May 22nd 2015, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

I found this post gives me some hope even as it dismays others, so I'm grateful for the money posts.
Old May 22nd 2015, 10:10 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Currency

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
I found this post gives me some hope even as it dismays others, so I'm grateful for the money posts.
I liked the thread as well, it gets my highest mark - 7/10.

It's not fallen that far yet against GBP:
Old May 23rd 2015, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Charismatic
I liked the thread as well, it gets my highest mark - 7/10.

It's not fallen that far yet against GBP:
http://apps.anz.co.nz/charts/nzdgbp_4_float.gif
Thank you for those who support this thread, money is an essential part of emigrating whether one likes it or not. Money is a necessary evil. My apologies to the readers who don't like this thread, but here is a novel idea, just ignore the thread or even better ignore the person who wrote it with the ignore button you have access to.

The latter is for BE members to stop getting upset by posters like me who they find irksome or if they feel having to deal with them is like 'banging their head against a brick wall', the latter was a comment about me by the way from another member.

Peace to everyone. Good posts or otherwise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.