Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Cost of shippin 3 dogs to New Zealand please + quarantine.

Cost of shippin 3 dogs to New Zealand please + quarantine.

Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

jworth is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Cost of shippin 3 dogs to New Zealand please + quarantine.

hi, new to the site! my partner has a job offer and we are moving over to new zealand in approx 3 months. I have 3 dogs and am trying to find out the average costs for bringing them out, can anyone help? does anyone know the cost of the 10 day quarantine? i think they are going to cost more than the total cost of transporting my family and house contents! must be love.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 10:27 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cost of shippin 3 dogs to New Zealand please + quarantine.

Hi there and welcome to our cosy wee Nz forum.

I've moved your post into a thread of it;s own so more folks will see it.
Pics of dawgs compulsory once you get the hang of the place.
Old Aug 15th 2011, 11:28 pm

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jworth
hi, new to the site! my partner has a job offer and we are moving over to new zealand in approx 3 months. I have 3 dogs and am trying to find out the average costs for bringing them out, can anyone help? does anyone know the cost of the 10 day quarantine? i think they are going to cost more than the total cost of transporting my family and house contents! must be love.
A lot!

I doubt you'll get much change out of GBP5000 (yes thousand) - someone will confirm definite prices I'm sure, but we looked at bringing one over and the cost exceeded the total for the entire family of 4.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 3:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

It will depend on the size of the dogs and you have to add in all the vet bills.

I bought 2 dobermans, 6,000 GBP.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 5:45 am
Account Closed

DandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond reputeDandJMay has a reputation beyond repute

One small cat cost us £1,400 all in and that was only 6 weeks ago. I know puddy tat's are smaller dogs but this info might help

And if he doesn't stop scratching at the furniture we borrowed he will find himself back on the blooming plane
Old Aug 16th 2011, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

We brought 3 dogs over in Nov 2008 - german shepherd x, large border collie and yorkie, cost about £5,000 as far as I can remember, maybe a bit more. We used Golden Arrow and can recommend their services.

Old Aug 16th 2011, 9:18 am
Just Joined

thanks folks, figured as much! had a quote arrive from a quarantine facility this am for $3,278 for the ten days. Add this to the £3,500 quoted to fly them there and that does not include the vet bills over here first! Knew it would not be without stress but good grief pass the antacids! oh well don t have a choice can t leave them behind. I feel a few extra shifts coming on.Thanks for the recommendation for Golden Arrow that was my next question.
Old Aug 16th 2011, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Definitely recommend Golden Arrow, our dog flew end of may and I an't praise them enough especially when our vet had an oops and they stepped in and got it all sorted.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Rang Golden Arrow today, they sound lovely was taken aback and flattered when I told them where I heard about them, bless. Will let you know what they quote when i receive it, and thanks folks ,first forum I have joined and you have already helped me!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

We used Golden arrow too for Bella. They were great, she was well looked after and aarrived safe and well. Naughty dog devopled a limp the day we were meant to take her, so that was a trip to the vet and a £50 check up. Nothing wrong with her, I think she just wanted an extra day with us. All up with the checks ect I think she cost about £3,000. But she is worth every pound of it.
Kaz
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

thanks, i contacted golden arrow and they seem lovely. My other half is getting a little stressed about the cost so to amuse myself I asked him what the options are then. As i expected he asked me what I meant, god bless him never would occur to him to leave them behind either.
I have been told that it is equally hard to find somewhere to rent with dogs, we need to look around before buying, has anyone any experience with this?
Old Aug 17th 2011, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

stephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jworth
thanks, i contacted golden arrow and they seem lovely. My other half is getting a little stressed about the cost so to amuse myself I asked him what the options are then. As i expected he asked me what I meant, god bless him never would occur to him to leave them behind either.
I have been told that it is equally hard to find somewhere to rent with dogs, we need to look around before buying, has anyone any experience with this?
Evening J,
Took a flyer with my dogs and sent them before getting my Visa.
i was fortunate in that my Vet was registered with UK Animal Health and could prepare the dogs. Vet costs for a Flatcoat x Lab bitch and an ESS bitch were circa £500. Flight with crates was £3,300. I used Skydogs, they built the sky crates. Had problems at Animal Reception at Heathrow, vet claimed crates were too small. important to bite tongue at this point! Reception centre used a larger crate from their stock ( could have put Lilos and a diving board in it!).
Used Canterbury Quarantine Services9 not a lot of choice on South Island for Quarantine Kennels. Daily rate was £60.00 per dog for 10 days. total quarantine cost was $3200NZ. Dogs are now at Oxford Boarding Kennels at £21.00 per day for the 2 of them.
I also had a problem with the veterinary timeline, the dogs originally started on the old IHC (Import Health Certificate) regime and then MAFNZ introduced 10 days quarantine and we had to re-start the meds. There is a test result that has to come back from South Africa, this came back 22hrs before the dogs were due to board their flight!
I've not had a lot of joy with renting accommodation to include the dogs, mine are normally kennelled outside(working dogs). The best bit of advice on the NZ Forum was to take the dogs, to viewings, so that Owner/landlord can see them.
Hope this helps. more than happy to go into more detail if required.
The good news is that my Visa was granted at 13:30 today, should leave UK next wednesday(24th ).
best of luck, enjoy the process, it's character building!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Cost of shippin 3 dogs to New Zealand please + quarantine.

oh good for you, congrats! would happily fast forward to your stage, but as you say character building! good advice about viewings with the dogs, better crack down on the obedience training! good luck for next week.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:42 am
Just Joined

mummypom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Good luck with the move!!!! We landed in NZ on saturday and left our dog with my father at home for a few months in order to allow us to get the house we own sorted....we also have a one year old and I'm pregnant so bringing the dog at the same times seemed too much. But she WILL be here before Christmas - the quote we had including quarantine was £3500.00 excluding vet fees. That was about a month ago.....need to get a updated quote.

My partner is the same and we have looked at all other options of how to get her here but it seems you are restricted to using the transport companies.

I have had some crazy comments from people who just can't believe we would even consider paying that much for her but she was part of the deal for me moving here and it just wouldn't and won't be the same until we get her here!

Best of luck

Amy
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I,m glad we came before they started the quarantine thing that just seems like an excuse to profiteer to me we picked our 3 up straight from the plane. Costs from memory for the 3 was £5000 ish, GSD, Collie and a staffie but that was 2 years ago

Neil

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.