Coming to NZ

Old Apr 19th 2015, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

dithering pom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coming to NZ

Hello

My family are very seriously considering emigrating from the UK to NZ. However time is of the essence as I am 53 and understand that at 55 it's too late.

My question is...if I/we fulfil all the requirements and are offered the opportunity to come to NZ, how long after the bit of paper is issued confirming our acceptance do we have before we must arrive in NZ?

I could go into all the reasons for the question but I think they are largely irrelevant.

Any advice gratefully received.

Rob
Old Apr 19th 2015, 7:59 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Coming to NZ

think mainly it depends on the visa, but if you are applying through ITA I believe it is 12mths from the date stamped on the visa.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

dithering pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it would be through ITA so thanks for your help.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 9:18 pm

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

OK so if you have a job offer on an ITA I think the 3mths limit kicks in

Resident visa conditions
If you were granted a resident visa, you must still meet some requirements to ensure you remain a New Zealand resident.
If you gained points for an offer of skilled employment, you must take that job up within three months of your first entry into New Zealand. You must also stay in that job for at least three months and provide us with evidence of having done so.
If you gained points for already having a skilled job that you have held for less than three months, you must stay in the job for a minimum of three months.

I'm accepted

but then here:
http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/3101

it says 12 months ?

Last edited by MrsFychan; Apr 19th 2015 at 9:21 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 9:23 pm

have a look at this thread:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/new-z...s-next-837335/
Old Apr 20th 2015, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

nikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond repute

Resident visa you have 12 months from your stamp... It is stated on the visa when you get it for reference