Reload this Page >

Christmas in Auckland... Finally

Christmas in Auckland... Finally

Old Nov 2nd 2017, 7:48 am
Just Joined

Mightymurph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Christmas in Auckland... Finally

Hey everyone.
Finally had my working holiday visa approved woooop woooop.
Now I get the fun part of telling my current boss haha.
Hopefully be in Auckland for Christmas.
I'm thinking... BBQ on the beach?
Thinking... No ice, snow or cold weather.

Woop.
I'll post more when I have flight details etc.
Just needed to let this out only my family know so far... Looking forward to telling people.

See you all soon.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas in Auckland... Finally

Cool

Think the place being dead, all the shops closed and everyone away on holiday..
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Justcol
Cool

Think the place being dead, all the shops closed and everyone away on holiday..
Ah come now, that's my favourite part about Christmas and you say it like it's a bad thing...
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ria_
Ah come now, that's my favourite part about Christmas and you say it like it's a bad thing...
Yeah for us that work over that period, the roads are a dream compared to normal. Then take my hols later when more settled summer weather.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 11:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ria_
Have you actually spent time in Auckland at Christmas?

Half the population leave town for the holidays and it is totally dead for at least four weeks or more. Anyone arriving and looking for work, rental properties and such like trying to get things sorted will be totally out of luck and nothing much really going on until school holidays finish in early February.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

Ria_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to allRia_ is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Have you actually spent time in Auckland at Christmas?

Half the population leave town for the holidays and it is totally dead for at least four weeks or more. Anyone arriving and looking for work, rental properties and such like trying to get things sorted will be totally out of luck and nothing much really going on until school holidays finish in early February.
I was speaking generally.

In all seriousness, I can't imagine Christmas is the easiest time of year to get anything sorted if you're just arriving. But if you're on a working holiday visa (with emphasis on the holiday), and you plan on staying with a friend over Christmas, it might not be so bad. Enjoy the settling for a bit, "BBQ on the beach" and all that good stuff, before thinking about the hard stuff in the new year.

I could be wrong, and obviously depends on your financial/living situation, but a quiet Christmas introduction to a new country doesn't seem like such a bad idea.
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing someone buying their Christmas tree off a guy
in a Santa hat, singlet and jandals always made me chuckle
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Timmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond reputeTimmy Chch has a reputation beyond repute

Embrace the change! I hate recreating the back home things like crimbo dinner as it just doesn't work over here in the heat, just don't seem right. Love a bbq and pavlova!
Old Nov 3rd 2017, 7:04 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timmy Chch
Embrace the change! I hate recreating the back home things like crimbo dinner as it just doesn't work over here in the heat, just don't seem right. Love a bbq and pavlova!
You don't have to be a slave to tradition anymore.
Old Nov 4th 2017, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

MrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really niceMrsCakey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
You don't have to be a slave to tradition anymore.
It does take a while to get used to seeing 'Santa' in bright sunshine though

Just noticed you're in Peterborough Snap Shot, when did you come back to Blightly?