Chickens

Old May 31st 2005, 8:06 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chickens

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Believe me we have seriously thought of that !!! Clipping a wing stops them flying away, but not running away.

Gill
So clip off a leg! Easy.....
Better still - get them oven ready!
Old May 31st 2005, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

nessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nice

I'm really sorry Gill and Rob but I've literally cried laughing while reading this. My husband thinks I've completely lost it! I hope you catch them soon. When you do, perhaps you could tie their legs together

N
Old May 31st 2005, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

Sega Mad is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nessie
I'm really sorry Gill and Rob but I've literally cried laughing while reading this. My husband thinks I've completely lost it! I hope you catch them soon. When you do, perhaps you could tie their legs together

N
I suppose you could follow the trail of eggs which will eventually lead you to them. If they are clever chickens they may have left some cryptic clues (and sweets as a reward) to lead you to the next egg. Although its now so long after Easter, the trail may have gone cold by now

Is one of them Mel Gibson??

Old Jun 1st 2005, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Last night we went to bed totally cheesed off with the chickens. So fed up I didn't bother leaving the outside light on for them. Only one of them in the coop and no sign of the other 3 despite our best efforts to find them. Still only one chicken this morning....however by 10 am one suddenly appeared in the garden and Rob got it into the coop. So now we are up to 2.

By lunch time Pex had surfaced {God knows where from !!} so we were up to 3 and by late afternoon the fourth and most elusive of the bunch was patrolling the entrance to our drive...... now this is where the fun really started. We live down a long drive on a back section, we've great neighbours at the front, who have an immaculate garden. Not the sort of place you want your chicken roaming around in. So Rob being determined to catch it, decided to ply it with food, he sprinkled it on the the neighbours lawn and up our drive way, as stood in wait !! AND WHAT HAPPENED??? A huge flock of birds flew down and ate the trail of food !!! Resort to plan B, catch the little bugger with his bare hands.......easier said than done. He now has some impressive scratches on his arms from rose bushes etc, and at one stage slipped and almost "set his neck" resulting in a couple of rips in his jeans.

Now all the research I have ever read about pet ownership, shows that it's therapeutic to have a pet, they help you relax and I'm sure pet owners live longer.......WELL NOT IN OUR CASE. The stress of owning 4, sorry 3 and a bit chickens is toooooo much for us and we are returning them reluctantly to your friends. I've kept them up to date of the antics and they are happy to take the 3 that we have back to them. We'll return the 4 one if we ever catch it. It has been a steep learning curve for us in pet ownership.

Gill
Old Jun 1st 2005, 7:04 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Last night we went to bed totally cheesed off with the chickens. So fed up I didn't bother leaving the outside light on for them. Only one of them in the coop and no sign of the other 3 despite our best efforts to find them. Still only one chicken this morning....however by 10 am one suddenly appeared in the garden and Rob got it into the coop. So now we are up to 2.

By lunch time Pex had surfaced {God knows where from !!} so we were up to 3 and by late afternoon the fourth and most elusive of the bunch was patrolling the entrance to our drive...... now this is where the fun really started. We live down a long drive on a back section, we've great neighbours at the front, who have an immaculate garden. Not the sort of place you want your chicken roaming around in. So Rob being determined to catch it, decided to ply it with food, he sprinkled it on the the neighbours lawn and up our drive way, as stood in wait !! AND WHAT HAPPENED??? A huge flock of birds flew down and ate the trail of food !!! Resort to plan B, catch the little bugger with his bare hands.......easier said than done. He now has some impressive scratches on his arms from rose bushes etc, and at one stage slipped and almost "set his neck" resulting in a couple of rips in his jeans.

Now all the research I have ever read about pet ownership, shows that it's therapeutic to have a pet, they help you relax and I'm sure pet owners live longer.......WELL NOT IN OUR CASE. The stress of owning 4, sorry 3 and a bit chickens is toooooo much for us and we are returning them reluctantly to your friends. I've kept them up to date of the antics and they are happy to take the 3 that we have back to them. We'll return the 4 one if we ever catch it. It has been a steep learning curve for us in pet ownership.

Gill
Pleeeeease don't give them back! This is the best thread in ages and you can't dissapoint us all!
All you need is chicken wire to keep them enclosed and to clip their wings to stop them flying off. Once they know where home is they'll be happy as Larry.

Save the Rotorua 4!
Old Jun 1st 2005, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Biddy
Pleeeeease don't give them back! This is the best thread in ages and you can't dissapoint us all!
All you need is chicken wire to keep them enclosed and to clip their wings to stop them flying off. Once they know where home is they'll be happy as Larry.

Save the Rotorua 4!

I second that! This is the funniest thing I've heard in ages! (Sorry Gill and Rob!)

Cathy. x
Old Jun 1st 2005, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

sunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to allsunshine_and_rain is a name known to all

Originally Posted by nivlem
I second that! This is the funniest thing I've heard in ages! (Sorry Gill and Rob!)

Cathy. x

I third that!! Keep us all smiling pleeeeeease
Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biddy

Save the Rotorua 4!

I'm sorry.......we managed to transfer 3 of them back to their old home. There was floods of tears from Rob, the girls and me. We felt we had failed them, but know it was for the best. We transported them up in a cardboard box and they seemed to "know" where they were going. They kept making "little chicken noises" as if they were whispering to each other.

On a lighter note, we still have one "escapee" remaining, that's if we ever catch it, by the way it's Ginga. Will keep you all posted.

I have to tell you what happened last night, how's this for irony..... Rob was playing snooker and won first place, he was able to choose a prize......and wait for it...turned down a bottle of wine in favour of a Tegal Chicken. When he said he had won, I was expecting chocolates, so when he produced a "fresh chicken" from behind his back I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Gill
Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:33 pm
Life begins...

80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute80s Chick has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry.......we managed to transfer 3 of them back to their old home. There was floods of tears from Rob, the girls and me. We felt we had failed them, but know it was for the best. We transported them up in a cardboard box and they seemed to "know" where they were going. They kept making "little chicken noises" as if they were whispering to each other.

On a lighter note, we still have one "escapee" remaining, that's if we ever catch it, by the way it's Ginga. Will keep you all posted.

I have to tell you what happened last night, how's this for irony..... Rob was playing snooker and won first place, he was able to choose a prize......and wait for it...turned down a bottle of wine in favour of a Tegal Chicken. When he said he had won, I was expecting chocolates, so when he produced a "fresh chicken" from behind his back I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry.Gill
You just keep 'em coming Gill, best laugh I've had in ages, so much so I've sent you some chicken korma (or should that be karma?? )

Phyl
Old Jun 1st 2005, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, awww what a shame it dodnt work out!! Not the best pets to have though... I had 3 bantams at one point, a horse squashed one of them and the other 2 lived to a ripe old age but I left them with a friend.... hope the fox didnt get them.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Hello Everyone, Thursday evening and we still have one chicken...technically. By that I mean if we could catch it we would have one chicken. Rob spent the afternoon trying to coax it out of the neighbours garden YET AGAIN. This time however he was joined by the old guy who lives across the road....armed with a fishing net !!!! I've been round to apologise to the neighbours, who luckily have seen the funny side to all this. She asked how the scratches on Rob arms were doing !!! I've said if she can catch it, they can eat it.

Gill
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 12:03 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone, Thursday evening and we still have one chicken...technically. By that I mean if we could catch it we would have one chicken. Rob spent the afternoon trying to coax it out of the neighbours garden YET AGAIN. This time however he was joined by the old guy who lives across the road....armed with a fishing net !!!! I've been round to apologise to the neighbours, who luckily have seen the funny side to all this. She asked how the scratches on Rob arms were doing !!! I've said if she can catch it, they can eat it. Gill
You can't eat the one remaining chicken!!!!:

:scared:

Save the Rotorua 1!

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jun 2nd 2005 at 1:11 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
You can't eat the one remaining chicken!!!!
Of course you can. Tastes wonderfull with curry sauce.....
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 2:40 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toontje
Of course you can. Tastes wonderfull with curry sauce.....
Well, yes there is that I suppose...

I prefer it roasted with lemon juice, wee bit of olive oil and lots of fresh coriander chopped and rubbed into the skin myself!!
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Toontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond reputeToontje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pinkie Pie
Well, yes there is that I suppose...

I prefer it roasted with lemon juice, wee bit of olive oil and lots of fresh coriander chopped and rubbed into the skin myself!!
Which brings us back to:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...62&postcount=4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.