Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Is a case officer for life....or just for christmas

Is a case officer for life....or just for christmas

Old Jan 30th 2018, 6:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is a case officer for life....or just for christmas

So i want to move jobs.....im under sec 49 (sm 11.5). Its still nursing, same hours same employer, just moving sideways and up a bit....i have to inform INZ if i get it..do i tell the case officer who granted my visa or is there another way i have to do it
Old Jan 30th 2018, 6:51 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is a case officer for life....or just for christmas

Just call up Immigration and explain the situation, if you have your old case number it might help but think it would just be a variation on your existing visa so any one can advise
Old Feb 1st 2018, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Your visa is based specifically on your employer, your job title, associated salary and responsibilities. If any of those details changed, or are about to change whether forced by you or not you must inform Immigration as soon as you know as effectively your visa would become void and it may also affect any other family member visas that have been gained on the basis of them being a partner or dependent of you.
If you intend to move jobs, even with the same employer/same hours/same location etc Immigration will consider whether or not you will still meet the criteria for the specific visa and if you do and the change occurs they will more than likely cancel your current visa and issue a replacement based on the new details and then re-link all family visas.
One of the major pitfalls of temporary work visas but shouldn't be an issue assuming the DHB communicate with Immigration.
Old Feb 1st 2018, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

inkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond reputeinkedneonurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by escapedtonz
One of the major pitfalls of temporary work visas but shouldn't be an issue assuming the DHB communicate with Immigration.
I hold a residency visa but its got a sec 49 stipulation, job is sane hours, more pay, same employer

Sec 48

(i) The principal applicant must take up that offer of skilled employment within three months of their first entry to New Zealand as a resident (if the visa was granted outside New Zealand), or the grant of their resident visa (if the visa was granted in New Zealand); and
(ii) The principal applicant must remain in that employment (or another position of employment that meets the requirements for current skilled employment including requirements for bonus points if the employment qualified for bonus points under SM6.40 or SM6.50), for a period of at least 12 months.

I should be alright but will of course check if i get an offer
Old Feb 1st 2018, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inkedneonurse
I hold a residency visa but its got a sec 49 stipulation, job is sane hours, more pay, same employer

Sec 48

(i) The principal applicant must take up that offer of skilled employment within three months of their first entry to New Zealand as a resident (if the visa was granted outside New Zealand), or the grant of their resident visa (if the visa was granted in New Zealand); and
(ii) The principal applicant must remain in that employment (or another position of employment that meets the requirements for current skilled employment including requirements for bonus points if the employment qualified for bonus points under SM6.40 or SM6.50), for a period of at least 12 months.

I should be alright but will of course check if i get an offer
Ah yes should have remembered you'd got the RV. Thought you were still on the WTR.

Yes, so the job offer is a condition of your RV but the details aren't as specific as those for a temporary work visa. You've taken up the work within 3 months of arrival so that isn't an issue and realistically that condition can now be removed. Yes you need to remain in that job for a period of at least 12 months before you can apply to have the condition removed. So long another position meets the same requirements then it shouldn't be too much of an issue. It is wise to let your case officer know as soon as possible so they can mull it over as you know decision making isn't their forte