Canstaff

Old Jun 8th 2015, 7:36 am
Just Joined

Dave.M.Kell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canstaff

Hi
I have recently enrolled with Canstaff. I'm looking to relocate to Christchurch NZ.

I'm 45 this year, been in the industry as a Joiner since 1989. Any way, my question is ... " should I go it alone or get help from Canstaff? As I believe you can demand more dollar with out an agency"
Old Jun 8th 2015, 8:54 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave.M.Kell
Hi
I have recently enrolled with Canstaff. I'm looking to relocate to Christchurch NZ.

I'm 45 this year, been in the industry as a Joiner since 1989. Any way, my question is ... " should I go it alone or get help from Canstaff? As I believe you can demand more dollar with out an agency"
you would have to ascertain if you could up lift a visa and then gain work on your own or have an agency do it for you.

I believe Joiner is on the list of skilled occupation and the Canterbury list so have a go at the points indicator and see if you reach the magic 140.
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/
Old Jun 8th 2015, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute

Agency would be. Y choice so you have guaranteed work and don't have to keep paying to renew your visa if the job doesn't work out. Would. E silly to move around the world to take a risk on chancing getting work.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 10:41 am
Just Joined

saddy66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys just a quick update, we are waiting for the police check to come back.
Old Jun 8th 2015, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

jonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond reputejonesy115 has a reputation beyond repute

That shouldn't take too long saddy
Old Jun 8th 2015, 11:11 am
Just Joined

Cheers Jonesy
It's been a week they said it can take upto 2 weeks so hopefully we will get it this week
Old Jun 18th 2015, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Police check is back and fine now onto the immigration form. Any advice would be very helpful.
Old Aug 1st 2015, 10:56 am
Just Joined

Hi
I completed the immigration form online very straight forward working hoilday visa returned within a week. Cost £74.
Flights booked via Canstaff. He flys out on 18 August.

Thanks for all the help via this thread.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Hi saddy, did he change his accommodation preference to full board? Only reason I ask is because I saw my old land lady yesterday and she is expecting a 18 year old lad in. Few weeks. I've its hm he will be looked after very well by her
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Hi Jonesy no he's just going for the room without any meals at the moment. Once he gets there and settled in he may change to full board.
It would be nice if he ended up with your old land lady as it was your thread that helped us along the way.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

It probably won't be her because she only does full board. If he needs any help or advice when he gets over there then just get him to give me a shout. I'm on holiday in the UK till the 6 th September though
Old Aug 10th 2015, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Cheers I will let him know.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 7:01 pm
Just Joined

AmandaAl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
Myself and my husband have been following the can staff posts closely as he has been looking into going with them, well today we bit the bullet phoned them and his interview via Skype is arranged for Thursday (I'm nervous for him). If he gets offered a position (concrete finisher in christchurch ) he would be going on his own and we would follow if he likes it, and if he thinks we would like it (wife with 2 children age 6&11). I suppose my question would be have any of you come across any workers who have done this, as most posts are from either families who have all gone at once or guys who have gone alone and left family at home.
We are so excited but so so nervous it's a massive thing to do
Old Aug 10th 2015, 7:48 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

my OH came out before us, he came over in the Sept and we followed in the January. He initially didn't have a job and was supposed to come back as it was meant to just be a look round
Meant I had all the work of trying to get the house sold and do all the stuff you have to do before leaving the UK, sorting the kids leaving parties, sorting out the packers etc, practically on my own.
Old Aug 10th 2015, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

AmandaAl is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't mind doing all that. I thrive on having a massive to do list and planning lol. How ole were your children when you moved out. How did they take it all and what sort of visa did you get. Sorry for the questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.