Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:34 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada vs New Zealand?

Originally Posted by Yotty
That will be a first then!
Yep for me it is! new year and all
Old Jan 19th 2009, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

CAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of lightCAN2NZ is a glorious beacon of light

Did anyone hear the afternoon show on radion new zealand? They had lots of Canadianna on it.

I am here in Rangiora studying my French this afternoon. I think that is one of the things that makes Canada, Canada. I miss it. However, I don't miss being stuck indoors, despite it being so nice and cosy. Everytime I go for my bike ride out to Cust or just around here, I say to myself, this is my home. We are lucky to be on a good income here, otherwise it wouldn't make any sense at all being here.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 7:58 am
Just Joined

drsdt is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow -thanks for all your responses - you've given me lots to think about. However, my wife and I had all but decided on Canada (Montreal, Vancouver, or the BC interior) when we got word that her Dad, in NZ, was very sick and probably doesn't have long. So it looks like it's going to be NZ, at least for the short term. I can see it turning into a permanent move as work for me is far better in NZ and we already have property there too. I know it will probably be more expensive than Canada, but when I really think about it, all the things that are important to us are free - hiking, camping, cycling, etc.

I'm looking forward to it and know that we will have a great time there. I'm not sure what you guys think, but I think the two countries have a lot in common when compared to the UK. Nowhere is perfect and the grass is always greener I suppose. And I think we're lucky to have the opportunity to choose between the two countries. Also, I kind of like the idea of my little girl growing up with a Kiwi accent. Thanks again for your help.