Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Can my Mum emigrate with us?

Can my Mum emigrate with us?

Old Feb 19th 2018, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Lisajfrench24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can my Mum emigrate with us?

We are looking to emigrate in a couple of years. My husband us eligible for residence so that will include myself and our 2 kids but I want to know if my Mum,who us 75 could come with us too?
Old Feb 19th 2018, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can my Mum emigrate with us?

Unfortunately not. Partners and dependents only assuming they meet all the criteria. There is a parent resident visa category but has been closed for a while with no mention of when or if it will ever be opened again. I'd say this is the only option, but her adult son would have to have held NZ residence visa for at least 3 years to be eligible to support her application.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...BR&applying=no

Last edited by escapedtonz; Feb 19th 2018 at 2:09 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2018, 6:17 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can my Mum emigrate with us?

as escapetonz has said the category is closed atm. changes has seen the amount of visas up for approval has dropped from 11000 to just 4000 a year.
If and when it reopens your mother would have to apply and visas are based on date of submission so she would be in a queue behind all those already in the system.
Also you mother would need to be in good health and would have to show that she has the enough yearly income to support herself. It differs on each Tier but as the visa will be under review this may all change.
She also must not have any other siblings living in another country other than NZ, again this may change after review.

Here is the criteria before it closed:
https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...BR&applying=co

Also I believe when it was open approval took years