Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Can my ASD daughter become resident . We are processing our RV without her .

Can my ASD daughter become resident . We are processing our RV without her .

Old Sep 13th 2017, 6:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Can my ASD daughter become resident . We are processing our RV without her .

Await the decision first before paying any money to any lawyer.

You may be able to get a free assessment from someone like Lane Neave BUT you really need to be candid about where on the autistic spectrum your daughter is.

I also want to say that I think you are a lovely Mum . You clearly love daughter a whole lot & I just know she is a very special little girl

Please let me know the outcome of the tourist visa medical assessment . I will hope for good news.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 6:16 am
Just Joined

iamlove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Can my ASD daughter become resident . We are processing our RV without her .

Hi Bevs my daughter need a limited assistance to her teachers and she enrolled in a special education with small group class.
She also attends Occupational Theraphy and Speech Theraphy.
As of know i can see my daughter has a huge development she can understand me and express herself but she is non verbal at her age.
And the report of her Developmental Pedia is not quite good and he assess my daughter the way he see's during the Evaluation.
I said to him even my daughter is non verbal she can understand me and she can do her daily living with minimal assistance.
On his assessment my daughter is about to 2.5 years old in her daily living 1 yr old on her
communication.
This the result of the Report.
Now we want to be truthful with the INZ whatever my child has.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 6:20 am
Just Joined

I'm a teary eye right now Ms Bevs all we want for my child is BEST and thank you for appeciating me as a MUM whatever it is I will be my daughter.
Soon our Lord grant our desire and plan for our Family.
I will update you always.
Thank you very much
Old Sep 13th 2017, 7:28 am
`

Originally Posted by iamlove
As of know i can see my daughter has a huge development she can understand me and express herself but she is non verbal at her age.
And the report of her Developmental Pedia is not quite good and he assess my daughter the way he see's during the Evaluation.
I said to him even my daughter is non verbal she can understand me and she can do her daily living with minimal assistance.
On his assessment my daughter is about to 2.5 years old in her daily living 1 yr old on her communication.
Now we want to be truthful with the INZ whatever my child has.
I understand totally. It is about looking to a possible different future for you all as a family. A different future so you must try.

I will not give false hope as I feel New Zealand Immigration will not accept this ,much as I would wish it, BUT you should look for another independent assessment of her development and potential. Preferably an educational psychologist.

Does she sign? Non-verbal does not mean non-communication .

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 13th 2017 at 7:30 am.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:22 am
Just Joined

Hi BEVS you gave me much advice for my little angel i would update you once the tourist visa release.
Yes you are right we are hoping to have a better future to other country as one family.
She can communicate by pointing,gestures and approaching me when she ask something.
Thank You and God Bless You All.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 7:45 am
`

Originally Posted by iamlove
She can communicate by pointing,gestures and approaching me when she ask something.
Start her on sign language. She can do this. Will help her frustrations at not being able to quickly express herself & confusion from others that she does not communicate when she does.
Old Sep 14th 2017, 8:20 am
Just Joined

This will help me much i will search in you tube on the basic skills using sign language. You are answered prayer my dear BEVS hope to meet you in NZ.
Old May 30th 2019, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Mamadr is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi may i know is your kid succesful to get the resident visa? I’m having the same problem.
Old May 30th 2019, 10:58 pm
`

Originally Posted by Mamadr
Hi may i know is your kid succesful to get the resident visa? I’m having the same problem.
Morning to you from New Zealand.

This topic is now 20 months old with no new reponses. The opening poster has not come back to BE at all.

Can you please start a new topic about your daughter's issues and NZ visas. We will try to help and suggest from there.
If you need help to start a new topic please email me at [email protected]

I am now closing this thread. It should not have remained open after one year with no posts anyway.

Apologies.