Bloody Telecom

Old Aug 14th 2008, 4:45 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bloody Telecom

Originally Posted by wotif
6 months to get internet access seems a valid reason to rant. 30stm 's comment about 'winging pom' is somewhat tiresome - move on! . There are lots of great things about NZ but Telecom's stangle-hold on the internet isn't one of them. Competition in this sector has to be a good thing and will improve things in the future. NZ has one of the highest usage of the internet and is a handy way to keep in touch with the rest of the world that is mostly a long way away. Many years ago there was massive investment in the 'net' here with world leading optical cables laid underground to provide high speed internet service - these have never been utilised - room for improvement aknowledged by the locals and anyone else who needs to use the net.

Telecom need a rant now and again - there's room for improvement!!
Its called a joke!!!

and chill lifes too short to get stressed
Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

wotif is on a distinguished road

just to continue in my unchilled victor meldrew phase - The D-link modem Telecom supply is pants, keeps dropping the connection every 5 mins - someone at work mentioned getting a better modem (Dynalink 1025w) - which has vastly improved the net connection - never lets go once it has a connection. Just a tip if you're having problems!

Off to chill now...........
Old Aug 15th 2008, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wotif
just to continue in my unchilled victor meldrew phase - The D-link modem Telecom supply is pants, keeps dropping the connection every 5 mins - someone at work mentioned getting a better modem (Dynalink 1025w) - which has vastly improved the net connection - never lets go once it has a connection. Just a tip if you're having problems!

Off to chill now...........
Make sure you firmware is up to date
Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:03 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Ah when it's Telecom you're complaining about I think you're allowed I don't think it's country-specific - anywhere there's a company called Telecom or where it used to be called Telecom is awful. I had such a thing against them in Ireland that when the lines became unbundled people were calling me to find out if I'd heard We changed to Orcon earlier this year - no more Telecom at all! I'd defintely check out the wireless options available to you. Telstra has the best reputation if you have to stick with dial up in the interim. Try to use Telecom for as little as possible.

Does everyone know that if your line is with Telecom and you put 0161 before your international number (drop the 00) your calls overseas are less than half price? They don't advertise that
Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

We've just signed up for Orcon internet and phone as well, not got it yet, but cannot wait to get back to 21st Century with their new super fast ADSL2+ service. We are transferring the phone over to them too and opted for the *free* international calls to one designated country.

You can check here whether it is available in your area:

http://www.orcon.net.nz/

Hopefully now others have started offering out the unbundled services, the competition might force some lower prices and better services. Telecom will most definitely have to raise their game if they want to keep any customers.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Still no LLU in Rangiora
Old Aug 17th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Nor here - quite a good ADSL service though with 6Mbps down and 630kbps up - much better than I ever got in UK but things probably better there by now