Best Airlines ??

Old May 29th 2016, 8:54 pm
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Airlines ??

Originally Posted by valleygurl
I do believe from talking to people on here that the transit into and out of LAX is now a lot less faffing around also
Transit in LAX on sunday was very smooth, very organised and speedy. Absolutely no issues thankfully
Old May 29th 2016, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

nikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond reputenikkijane88 has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out etihad aren't great for their entertainment side of things! Not enough movie choices for the long distance... And I doubt they will be different by the time we fly home in a weeks time!
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Axcell family is an unknown quantity at this point

Just flown UK to NZ with Singapore.Could not fault them at all.maybe because I left on a Tuesday but plenty of empty seats so could spread out a bit. Only 3 hours in Changi, which is a great airport to hang out in. Lots of places to explore within its confines. Food and service great and loads of films etc to choose from.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Travelled from Auckland to Zurich (with stops in Sydney and Dubai) last Thursday/Friday with Emirates. We were not impressed, on the long leg from Sydney to Dubai the staff were conspicuous by their absence. Had to wait for 30 mins at least before we could get a steward to answer our call. Unfortunately we have to fly back with them from Manchester, though we are stopping off in Dubai for 5 nights. Oh and the food was awful.
Singapore Airlines for me every time in future.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Travelled from Auckland to Zurich (with stops in Sydney and Dubai) last Thursday/Friday with Emirates. We were not impressed, on the long leg from Sydney to Dubai the staff were conspicuous by their absence. Had to wait for 30 mins at least before we could get a steward to answer our call. Unfortunately we have to fly back with them from Manchester, though we are stopping off in Dubai for 5 nights. Oh and the food was awful.
Singapore Airlines for me every time in future.
Might be wrong but isn't that leg operated for Emirates by Quantas (under code share)?
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kotare
Might be wrong but isn't that leg operated for Emirates by Quantas (under code share)?
Was an Emirates plane and crew.
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

valleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nicevalleygurl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Was an Emirates plane and crew.
We flew that leg in may and it was a emirates a380 with Quantas crew
Old Jun 2nd 2016, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by valleygurl
We flew that leg in may and it was a emirates a380 with Quantas crew
They were all dressed in Emirates gear. Nothing to say they were Quantas folk. I'm blaming the OH cos he wanted to holiday in Dubai on the way home. I wanted to stopover in Singapore. He now knows that he should've listened to me
Old Jun 6th 2016, 11:16 am
Just Joined

bartholemues is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd recommend Singapore Airlines as well. Cathay Pacific I didn't find too bad but then I had an exit row seat. Both of them have only a single stop-over and shorter flight lengths, unlike a lot of the BA/Qantas/Emirates flights which often say they fly direct from the middle-east stopover to NZ but actually have an additional hidden stopover in Australia (check the small print).